Proposed Changes to Circular 230 Dominate ABA Committee Meeting
- Sidebar. Nolan, Kenneth P. // Litigation;Fall2010, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p55
In this article, the author a practising lawyer himself offers suggestions on how to get more clients and establish a good legal practice. In this uncertain economy, with high legal fees and the rising cost of living, getting more and more clients have become essential to ensure the continuity...
- Risky Business. Shepherd, Kevin L. // Probate & Property;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses the risk-based approach to Client Due Diligence and the background and status of the Gatekeeper Initiative. It states that the client due diligence confirms the ability of client to pay the lawyer's fees and the absence of ethical conflicts. It traces the development of...
- Taking The Law Into Many Hands. Hudgins, Matt // National Real Estate Investor;Sep2005, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p57
Reports on the increased expectations on real estate attorneys that has accompanied the bidding wars for properties and the phenomenon of grass-roots resistance to new construction in many communities. Real estate clients' demand for lawyers capable of handling land use, environmental,...
- TAX-EXEMPT BONDS: A SACRED COW THAT GAVE (SOME) MILK. Zimmerman, Dennis // National Tax Journal;Sep89, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p283
This article addresses issues related to tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. as of September 1989. Entitled to reverence and respect or holy might leap to the minds of many state and local officials, investment bankers, and bond lawyers upon seeing the term sacred used to refer to tax-exempt bonds. But...
- A Correction. // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p2
Presents a correction to the article about exemption of the interest on American Samoa bonds from taxation.
- Tax-Exempt Bonds Closing Agreement Program. // Practical Accountant;Nov2001, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
Discusses the United States Internal Revenue Service's creation of a voluntary closing agreement program for tax-exempt bonds discussed in 'Notice 2001-60.' Opportunity for bond issuers and conduit borrowers to correct violations of the tax law and regulations on tax-exempt bonds; Contact...
- Uniform audits ahead? Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/08/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30721, p1
Reports on the uniformity in the tax-exempt bond enforcement program of the United States government. Maturity of the regulation of municipal bonds; Growth of intermediate sanctions regime.
- Clinton's looming veto jeopardizes bond programs in Republican tax cut bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30723, p5
Reports on the spate of tax-exempt bond proposals in the United States Congress' $792 billion tax bill. Negotiation of a tax deal; Provisions of the appropriations bill in the US Congress.
- N.Y. City TFA Plans $850M Bond Sale. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;1/7/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34039, p1
The article informs that the U.S.-based New York City Transitional Finance Authority has shown interest to sell 850 million dollars of future tax secured subordinated bonds on January 16, 2013 and also mentions that sale will include 775 million dollars of tax-exempt fixed-rate new money bonds.