Linking computers & phones
- Florida hospital sets new delivery program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p26
Reports that Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida has been developing a delivery program at its branded food-court. Plan to offer a limited menu of selection from branded stations; Highlights of the program.
- Making anything portable. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p102
Offers a look at the breakfast service of three hospital cafeterias in the United States. Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida; Jackson Hospital and Clinic in Montgomery, Alabama; North Shore University Hospital in Plainview, New York.
- 3-D PICTURE MENU AIDS PEDIATRIC MEAL SERVICE. // Health Facilities Management;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the use of the Fisher-Price 'View Master,' a three-dimensional picture menu, by patients at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center as of April 2003. Features and mechanism; Benefits for children.
- Fewer menu choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p110
Reports on trends in food service in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Introduction of beef dishes at Presbyterian Medical Center; Offering of traditional food fare at The Grace Plaza of Great Neck; Regularly menued beef items.
- Going beyond turkey club. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p128
Focuses on deli food operations in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport's offering of low fat deli meats; Health Choice meat products offered at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center's main cafeteria;...
- HOSPITAL SERVES UP ETHNIC SMORGASBORD. // Health Facilities Management;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the traditional food offerings at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois as of July 1, 2003. Purpose of its expanded offerings of traditional food; Result of a tasting session conducted by the hospital for staff, interpreters and the press.
- Hospitals' Pledge Yields Results. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p12
The article presents the result of a report on food service at healthcare facilities in the U.S. which was conducted in May 2008 by Health Care Without Harm (HCWH). According to HCWC, healthcare facilities are taking steps toward becoming more sustainable and at the same time provide healthier...
- The "Food & Travel Pass" Initiative. Bowers-Ivanski, Nancy; Russell, Rosemarie; Cook, Sheila // Canadian Nursing Home;Oct2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the Food & Travel Pass initiative for managing resident nutritional concerns at the Parkwood Hospital in Ontario. Supervision guidelines; Implementation; Benefits. INSETS: Pertinant principles of adult learning;How well are you doing in your facility?.
- Adolescent facilities: The potential... Sharma, Sujata; Finlay, Fiona // Paediatric Nursing;Sep2003, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p25
Provides information on a study undertaken by psychologists and pediatricians in Great Britain to obtain the views of children, families and staff on what they thought constitutes an ideal hospital ward. Significance of a good adolescent hospital facility; Suggested ward improvements; Attitude...