Linking computers & phones
- Making anything portable. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p102
Offers a look at the breakfast service of three hospital cafeterias in the United States. Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida; Jackson Hospital and Clinic in Montgomery, Alabama; North Shore University Hospital in Plainview, New York.
- Florida hospital sets new delivery program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p26
Reports that Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida has been developing a delivery program at its branded food-court. Plan to offer a limited menu of selection from branded stations; Highlights of the program.
- 3-D PICTURE MENU AIDS PEDIATRIC MEAL SERVICE. // Health Facilities Management;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the use of the Fisher-Price 'View Master,' a three-dimensional picture menu, by patients at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center as of April 2003. Features and mechanism; Benefits for children.
- HOSPITAL SERVES UP ETHNIC SMORGASBORD. // Health Facilities Management;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the traditional food offerings at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois as of July 1, 2003. Purpose of its expanded offerings of traditional food; Result of a tasting session conducted by the hospital for staff, interpreters and the press.
- Fewer menu choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p110
Reports on trends in food service in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Introduction of beef dishes at Presbyterian Medical Center; Offering of traditional food fare at The Grace Plaza of Great Neck; Regularly menued beef items.
- Going beyond turkey club. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p128
Focuses on deli food operations in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport's offering of low fat deli meats; Health Choice meat products offered at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center's main cafeteria;...
- The "Food & Travel Pass" Initiative. Bowers-Ivanski, Nancy; Russell, Rosemarie; Cook, Sheila // Canadian Nursing Home;Oct2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the Food & Travel Pass initiative for managing resident nutritional concerns at the Parkwood Hospital in Ontario. Supervision guidelines; Implementation; Benefits. INSETS: Pertinant principles of adult learning;How well are you doing in your facility?.
- Adolescent facilities: The potential... Sharma, Sujata; Finlay, Fiona // Paediatric Nursing;Sep2003, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p25
Provides information on a study undertaken by psychologists and pediatricians in Great Britain to obtain the views of children, families and staff on what they thought constitutes an ideal hospital ward. Significance of a good adolescent hospital facility; Suggested ward improvements; Attitude...
- GROWING NUMBER OF HOSPITALS ADD ORGANIC FOODS. // Health Facilities Management;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the growing trend in U.S. hospitals of integrating organic food into staff and patient meals, as of August 2005. Factors driving the trend; Action taken by the Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco, California in response to the trend; Replacement of menu items at the public...