- Frozen assets. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;4/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p160
Focuses on the benefit for food service operators of evaluating their ice-making capabilities in preparation for the summer season. Qualities of a good ice maker; Uses of different types of ice; Temperature; Operating problems; Amount of water required; Refrigerants; Maintenance of ice makers.
- Operators test the waters of high-tech ice-making. Rubinstein, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;02/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p28
Presents information on an ice-making system called Point Of Use. Setup of the system; Comments from foodservice representatives; Price of the machine.
- Having enough ice on hand helps cool heads prevail in the heat of the kitchen. Bensky, Gary // Nation's Restaurant News;04/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p28
Gives advice to food service operators on selecting ice makers. Factors affecting efficiency of the icemaker's production; Consideration of incoming water temperature and ambient temperature of room; Differences between manufacturers' claims versus actual production.
- THE NEW ICE AGE. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;04/15/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p143
Offers advice to food service operators about ice-making equipment. Purchasing tips; Business considerations in choosing the right equipment; Design trends; Cleaning.
- Ice making 101. // Food Service;Jul2008, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p30
The article focuses on the ice-making machine. It states that the first ice-making machine was invented in 1844 to alleviate the sufferers of yellow fever because iced drinks have been lauded for their medicinal qualities. According to the article, these machines produce cubes that are often...
- The icemaker cometh. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/27/99, Vol. 33 Issue 39, Equipment insights p44
Focuses on ice machines. Technological advances; Food-safety challenges; Cleaning; Incremental features demanded by food service operators.
- Ice Makers. Bendall, Daniel // Food Management;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p76
Offers tips when buying icemakers. Style of the machine; Ice making capacity; Manufacturers' adoption of the standards set by the Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Institute; Choice of an air-cooled or water-cooled machine; Development of a compact line of high volume icemakers.
- Smart spending. O'Brien, Tom // FoodService Director;12/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 12, pFSB8
The article previews several equipment and products for the food service industry in 2010, which include the 30-pound frypot in Frymaster's Protector Gas Fryer from Vulcan, the Electrolux Professional High Speed Sandwich Press and the Cambro's IceExpress Water Glass Filler.
- Cool Facts About Icemakers. Bendall, Dan // Food Management;Mar2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p65
The article offers information on the significance of icemakers in the food industry. It has been noted that icemakers have made some great technological strides in many years. It is energy efficient, easier to clean and more economical to service through various built-in electronics. The...