Raising food safety awareness
- One step ahead of the next food safety recall. // Food Manufacture;Jul2013, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p6
The article offers information on the 2013 Food Safety conference to be held at the National Motorcycle Museum close to Birmingham, England on October 17, 2013 to provide insight into the modern technologies and methods to help businesses avoid prosecution for food safety failures.
- Food Safety Training A La Carte. Hernandez, Jorge // Food Management;Nov2000, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p77
Presents the food safety procedures identified by the National Restaurant Educational Foundation as the most common industry practices used in training restaurant managers and foodhandlers in the United States. Classroom training; Use of Web-based training programs; Qualifications of food...
- Food & health. Bucks, Christine // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jul/Aug96, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p24
Provides tips on food safety. Safe handling of picnics and barbecues; Process of killing salmonella in raw eggs.
- FOOD SAFETY MANAGER CERTIFICATION/TRAINING OFFERED. // Industrial Environment;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p5
Provides information on the training and certification program for aspiring food safety trainers offered by NEHA Training as of May 1, 2003.
- Truth or Tale? // Current Health 1;Nov2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p30
The article presents several scenarios relating to food safety and addresses whether or not they are real germ-spreaders.
- Innovative Safety Techniques. Hunter, Beatrice Trum // Consumers' Research Magazine;Feb99, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p8
Presents techniques that will help strengthen food safety on the farm, in food processing and in food packaging. Details on the use of probiotics to crowd out virulent bacteria; Application of a car-wash technique; Tips on detecting some pathogenic contaminants in packaged foods.
- Food safety. // Discount Store News;10/6/97, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p47
Focuses on food industry's concerns on food safety to reduce food-born illnesses. Initiatives for food safety.
- What's your food safety IQ? Take EN's quiz and find out. // Environmental Nutrition;Jun96, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1
Presents questions and answers related to food safety. Importance of proper food handling; Temperature considerations in packing food; Common sources of food poisoning.
- Green Spuds? Cut It Out. // Environmental Nutrition;Oct2008, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p7
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the safety of eating potatoes that have green tinges.
- Epi-Ready Team Training Wins 2008 Food Safety Leadership Award from NSF International. // Journal of Environmental Health;Apr2008, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p61
The article announces that the NEHA Epi- Ready program has been awarded the Food Safety Leadership Award by NSF International.