Pies for all reasons
- Sweet as PIE. Strzelecki, Molly // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Dec2002, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p22
Features the baked products business of Nancy's Pies Inc. in Rock Island, Illinois. Kinds of baked products offered; Plant size; Key personnel.
- Bakewell Tart tops survey of favourite treats. // British Baker;10/2/2015, p4
The article reports that the Bakewell Tart has been voted as the best-loved baked treat in Birmingham, Great Britain in 2015 in a survey commissioned in celebration of Craft Bakers' Week.
- The affordable indulgence. Shea, Maggie // Chef Magazine;Aug2009, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p14
The article discusses the popularity of pies in the food industry in the U.S. It mentions that pies have become a fast-selling item over the past six months. It notes that pie is a comfort food which is appealing during uncertain economic times. Pastry chef Natasha Minsanko at the American...
- Flying Pies. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);05/24/99 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 133 Issue 21, p6
Mentions an upsurge in pie-throwing that prompted the British supermarket chain Tesco PLC to carry out ballistic tests on its pastries. Tips for pie-throwing.
- Flying Pies. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);05/24/99 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 133 Issue 21, p6
Mentions an upsurge in pie-throwing that prompted the British supermarket chain Tesco to carry out ballistic tests on its pastries. Tips for pie-throwing.
- Who ate all the pies? Knott, Michelle // Food Manufacture;Spring2006 Supplement, Vol. 81, p18
The article reports on the trend in retail meat pies in Great Britain. There is an increase in sales of pies in terms of value and volume. The British Meat Processors Association is carrying out fundamental research on salt and fat. Pie makers are eliminating hydrogenated vegetable fats from...
- A bigger slice of the pie. Walker, Jacqui // BRW;3/8/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p61
The article reports on how a pastry chef's desire for his son, Stephen Donnelly, to follow his footsteps has led to the establishment of a 30-store franchise network known as Big Dad's Pies. The recipes for the pies came from Donnelly's father, Noel. After three years of operation, Stephen has...
- A pie in the eye from Michigan. Maurer, Katie; Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p8
Reports that Norm and Wanda Fugate have opened a branch of the Grand Traverse Pie Co. in Carmel, Indiana. Background on the wholesale and retail operation of the company; Products offered.
- The 2009 Report on Retail Bakery Pies: World Market Segmentation by City. Parker, Philip M. // City Segmentation Reports;1/17/2010, pN.PAG
A report that summarizes the economic potential for major cities in more than 200 countries around the globe for retail bakery pies for 2009 is presented. It provides latent demand or potential industry earnings (PIE) estimates for the product for each city, including the percent share the city...