Flash and Dash
- TRAIL BLAZERS. // Footwear Plus;Jan2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p56
The article features several running shoes including products from Brooks, Merrell, and New Balance.
- Pros Don't Pronate. // Men's Fitness;Feb2005, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p24
Evaluates the Asics GT-2100 running shoes. Benefit of the rubber shoes to the users; Key features and style; Retail price.
- ATHLETIC BUZZ. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;7/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 29, p153
Presents updates on the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. as of July 26, 2004. Introduction of Etonic Custom Fit System running shoes from Etonic of Hillsborough, New Jersey; Debut of Complete Taranis shoe from Puma of Westford, Massachusetts; Collaboration of DC Shoe of Vista, California...
- Sole, man. Stachura, Mike // Golf Digest;Mar2005, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p211
Presents several shoes for golfers. Footjoy Classics Tour from Footjoy company; Adidas A3 from Adidas Corp.; Etonic G
- SNEAKER BOOM. Weilheimer, Neil // FN: Footwear News;10/31/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 43, p38
This article reports on the dominance of the athletic shoes in the footwear industry as of October 2005. The first real boom for the athletic business began in the 1940s, around the same time Footwear News started printing. PF Flyers and Converse All Star were among the brands that dominated the...
- Flashing Forward. Leand, Judy // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p16
The article looks at the Spring 2007 design and construction of performance running shoes. According to Geoff Shaffer, marketing director at Pearl Izumi, performance running shoes are sporting bolder colors than in seasons past. Construction methods are also undergoing changes, resulting in...
- It's Gotta Be The Shoes. Kyles, Kyra // Jet;1/9/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 1, p34
The article offers tips to use when choosing exercise shoes for running, walking, aerobics, and dancing. Tips include shopping at an independent running retailer, purchasing a shoe that is cushioned-neutral, and buying the correct shoe for a particular activity. It is noted that cross-training...
- YOU 2.0. Casimiro, Steve // Popular Science;Dec2004, Vol. 265 Issue 6, p144
Evaluates the Free 5.0 shoes for runners from Nike. Key features; Composition of the running shoes; Advantages of using the shoes.
- Small Pleasures. Leand, Judy // SGB;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p30
Presents several athletic footwear for children released in the U.S. as of April 2004. Trail shoe from New Balance; Mud Runner Zip II from Reebok; Nike Shox Monster running shoe for girls.