Feeling the Heat
- Turmoil in sports apparel. Jansen, Jeff // Advertising Age;8/29/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 36, p40
Reports on the licensed sports apparel industry. Marketers' inexperience in professional advertising; Fragmented $& billion category; Problems in marketing budgets; Troubles at companies; Relationship with advertising agencies.
- Defining the casual universe. Arlen, Jeffrey // Discount Store News;4/20/98, Vol. 37 Issue 8, pA53
Editorial. Focuses on the significance of casualwear in the future of mass market apparel business in the United States. How retailers should deal with space; Space utilization of mass market apparel retailers; Anomalies surrounding mass market business.
- Fall Retail Renaissance: Fast Fashion Scene Drives High-End Boom. Wilson, Eric; Young, Kristin // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/1/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 84, p1
Reports on the growth of sportswear retailing in the 2000 fall season. Accessibility of sportswear designs due to increasing coverage of international fashion shows on television; Efforts of retailers to educate consumers about fashion trends, consequently increasing sales of their merchandise;...
- Activewear, licenses team up to win. Lettich, Jill // Discount Store News;9/6/93, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p27
Reports on the business opportunities for manufacturers, licensing companies and retailers with the popularity of licensed sports apparel. 1992 sales on clothing bearing sports logos; Cross-merchandising; Local teams and retail; Looney Tunes characters' popularity among men; Changing standard...
- The play's the thing. // Discount Store News;5/16/94, Vol. 33 Issue 10, pA52
Focuses on the sports licensing category of American retail trade. Retailers' efforts to maximize the sales potential of the category; Changing shop formats to put focus on the category; Impact on sales; Kmart Corp.'s plans for its sports-licensed outerwear; Kmart's sports shops; Caldor Corp.'s...
- Designer Democracy: Rushing to Better for Big Volume and Riches. Larson, Kristin // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/23/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the trends in fashion merchandising in the U.S. Designers' development of their sportswear line; Effects of economic conditions on the industry; Various labels' launch of better-priced lines to be more competitive; Insights on consumers' preference for value and identifiable trademark.
- What's hot in licensed tops. // Discount Store News;4/17/95, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p45
Reports on the impact of the return of Chicago Bulls' Michael Jordan on the sport clothes industry. Shirt sales by Nike and Champion; Licensing agreements.
- Power-ful clothing scores. Kibbe, Cindy // New Hampshire Business Review;3/7/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p3A
Focuses on the golf apparel line introduced by Kye Power Inc. on the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, Florida. Uniqueness of the clothes and elegance of the styles; Response of buyers, touring professionals and industry experts on the fabrics used; Concept of the line for women.
- DuPont Teflon fabric protector chases a home run with Triple-A team. // Modern Uniforms;Oct/Nov2005, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p7
Features the Cool & Dry Teflon fabric protector with moisture management and stain release technology from DuPont Teflon in the U.S. Capability to provide superior washout of dirt and grass stains; Usability; Contact information.