Have it Your Way
- Skate Meets Street. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Feb2007, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p17
The article discusses the fusion of urban culture, skateboarding, and Vans footwear. Skate shoe sales are up thanks to The Pack, a hip-hop group that wrote and sang a hit song about Vans. Some in the sports industry are calling the blend of mainstream skate and urban style, skurban. Skurban...
- ASR on Deck. // DNR: Daily News Record;9/3/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 36, p16
The article previews fashion trends that are expected for the spring of 2008 in the sportswear category. Some of the trends expected include slim skate silhouettes, updated with flashy colors and retro designs. Several photographs are presented of various clothing brands spring 2008 collections,...
- Mass Customization: The New Frontier in Business Competition. Kotha, Suresh // Academy of Management Review;Jul1994, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p588
The article reviews the book "Mass Customization: The New Frontier in Business Competition," by B. Joseph Pine II.
- ATHLETIC: BUZZ. // FN: Footwear News;1/29/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p119
The article evaluates several sports and casual footwear including the Gel-Assist and Gel-Cardio from Asics, the Hanna and the Trinity KFS II from Reebok and the aloha-print sneakers from Vans.
- COLLABORATIONS. // Ralph;Mar2005, p114
Presents several rubber shoes designed by celebrities. SnoopaDoopa Hi from Pony, designed by Snoop Dogg; O.C. Mid from Globe, designed by Mark Occhilupo; Rowley XL2 from Vans, designed by Geoff Rowley.
- INSIDER. Russak, Brian // FN: Footwear News;4/11/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 15, p6
Presents an update on the footwear industry in the U.S. as of April 11, 2005. Information on the partnership between Vans and Trovata; Highlights of the Pedestrian Shops' 17th annual Earth Day Shoe Drive; Description of the shoes bought by New York Senator Hillary Clinton at Aerosoles' Chrysler...
- Along For the Ride. Leand, Judy // SGB;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p32
The article discusses bicycle messenger bags and their impact on the sporting goods industry. The author states that the key drivers of the trend include consumer concern regarding the environment and rising fuel costs, coupled with the crossover trend of the bike/urban fashion market. Brands...
- New Owner to Carry Timbuk2 into a Profitable Future. Leand, Judy // SGB;Nov2005, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p12
This article reports on the acquisition of Timbuk2 Designs Inc., known for its bicycle messenger bags, by private equity investors, as of November 2005. VMG Equity Partners and Capital Logic Partners have acquired majority ownership of the company. As part of the deal, Timbuk2 will remain...
- Many Paths to Cool, But Big Gains for All. Cassidy, Hilary // Brandweek;6/20/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 25, pS53
Presents updates on the footwear industry in the U.S. as of June 2005. Percentage of increase in sales of athletic footwear; Rank of Nike in terms of profit; Theme of the advertising campaigns of Adidas; Acquisition of skate shoes specialist Vans by VF Corp.