Russell Buys Brooks Sports
- Russell to Buy Brooks Sports For $115 Million. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/15/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 126, p5
Reports on the decision of Russell Corp. to buy Brooks Sports Inc. as part of its brand portfolio expansion. Advantage of the move to Russel.
- San Diego Registers First in California Hotel Sales. Lewis, Connie // San Diego Business Journal;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p7
The article reports on the huge increase of hotel sales in San Diego County, California, making it number one in total volume among other states in 2005. One of the largest contribution to the increase in dollar volume is the sale of the landmark 678-room Hotel del Coronado. However, sales...
- Russell Buys Assets From Spalding. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/18/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 80, p5
Reports on Russell Corp.'s agreement to buy the non-golf operations of Spalding Sports Worldwide. Expected increase in Russell's earnings as a result of the deal; Expansion of scope beyond apparel; Background on Spalding.
- Nokian acquires dealership in Vt. Davis, Bruce // Tire Business;11/5/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p3
The article informs that Nokian Tyres PLC has purchased tire retailer Goss Tire Co. of St. Johnsbury, Vermont. Goss Tire operates five outlets in Vermont and one in New York, with 40 employees. Seppo Kupi, managing director of Vianor Holding Oy, Nokian's retailing and retreading subsidiary, said...
- Opportunity Knocks. Leather, Denise // Private Label Buyer;Mar2009, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p46
The article presents the sales performance of products from different sectors of private label in the U.S. market. It notes that cash-strapped consumers cut back on non-essential general merchandise purchases. Quality is considered one of the biggest trends in store brand kitchen gadgets,...
- Customer demand forecasting. Chase Jr., Charles W. // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Fall94, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p2
Editorial. Presents a discussion in customer demand forecasting as a function of sales forecasting. Sales forecasting function; Approach for customer demand forecasts; Process; Baseline demand; Promotional lift; Business factors.
- The need for a forecasting champion. Mentzer, John T.; Moon, Mark A.; Kent, John L.; Smith, Carlo D. // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Fall97, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p3
Presents a research on the factors that contribute to a company's ability to be successful in sales forecasting. Description of the data collection effort; Outline of the characteristics of a sales forecasting champion; Roles that sales forecasting champions can play in companies that take...
- ANSWERS TO YOUR FORECASTING QUESTIONS. Jain, Chaman L. // Journal of Business Forecasting;Winter2007/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p3
The article presents questions and answers related to business forecasting including the making/creation of a great forecasting team, the lead time for various products, and the feel for typical lost sales due to under-forecasting for a Health and Beauty Care company.
- 5 Steps to Predict Sales From Referrals. Misner, Ivan R.; Davis, Robert // Sell!ng;Dec98, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p10
Part II. Describes five steps to predict sales from referrals. Selection of reference period; Completion of reference period questionnaire; Selection of forecast period; Completion of forecast period questionnaire; Writing a forecast statement.