- Space Invaders. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;May2005, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p8
Discusses the increasing mall access for sporting goods retailers in the U.S. following department store mergers and relocations. Advantages of the mergers and relocations for Gander Mountain; Impact on lease rates; Reasons for the decision of Fleet Fleet to open franchises in higher-rent markets.
- Consolidation's Speed Has its Downside. Carr, Bob // SGB;Aug2004, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p14
Discusses the impact of the consolidation of companies for the sporting goods industry. Role of the price of goods in brand differentiation; Information on the performance of Nike and Under Armour; Background on laws protecting retailers of sporting goods in Germany.
- Skate Gear Maker Buying Variflex. Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;9/20/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p8
Reports on Cypress, California-based skateboard gear maker Bravo Sports's acquisition of fellow skate gear maker Variflex Inc. of Moorpark. Market value of publicly traded Variflex; Products which each company is known for; Retail chains that sell Variflex products; Bravo's sales performance in...
- Quiksilver Buys Rossignol. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Apr2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the acquisition of Skis Rossignol SA by Quicksilver Inc. Details of the acquisition agreement; Information on both sports apparel retailers; Significance of the acquisition to Quicksilver.
- Athlete's Foot Acquired By Aether Holdings for $51.5M. Young, Vicki M. // FN: Footwear News;8/28/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 34, p6
The article reports on the acquisition of athletic goods retailer Athlete's Foot by Aether Holdings for $51.5 million. Aether's purchase includes The Athlete's Foot brand, along with the global retail franchise operation. Under the terms of the deal, Aether agreed to an earn-out arrangement that...
- PUBLISHER'S LETTER. Erwin, Charlotte // SGB;Jan2006, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p8
The article presents a forecast on the sporting goods industry in the U.S. for 2006. Mergers and acquisitions will play a major role. Retailers are trying to streamline operations, and are contemplating major technology upgrades. While many consumers will remain loyal to specialty stores that...
- Celerant Technology Acquires SportzPak. // Apparel Magazine;Feb2009, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p17
The article reports that Miami Valley Solutions and its specialty management system, SportzPak, which provides sporting goods services and software for team sports retailers, were acquired by Celerant Technology, a retail solutions provider. The acquisition will add to Celerant's growing list of...
- Acquisiton means new name, retailing concept for sporting goods chain. Shaw, Brian // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/19/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the plan to change the retail format and name of Galyan's Sporting Goods as a result of the acquisition by Dick's Sporting Goods in 2004. Factors that affect the future of Galyan's Sporting Goods store in Utah; Changes in the moniker and merchandise of Galyan's; Terms of the...
- FL Buzz Heating Up. Derby, Meredith // FN: Footwear News;8/28/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 34, p2
The article discusses the possible leveraged buyout (LBO) of athletic goods retailer Foot Locker following its announcement that it hired boutique investment bank Evercore Partners to advise it on a range of matters. Analysts are divided on whether the firm makes an attractive LBO target to...