Sharp tastes grab-and-go will set pace
- Special issue. // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p30s
Reports on developments in the food service industry in the United States as of March 15, 1997. Includes increase in the number of brand-name food service outlets in the United States; Sales gain projections for Taco Bell; Store additions by McDonald's Corporation.
- The Mouse That Will Roar. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p18
Details findings of a survey of foodservice operators, manufacturers and distributors, presented at the International Food Manufacturers Association's (IFMA) Chain Operator's Exchange (COEX) by the Foodservice Central.com electronic commerce organization. Percentage of foodservice operators who...
- Just Desserts. // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p112
Presents news items of interest to the food service industry. Philippine's Central Luzon Police Chief Roberto Calinisan's order for police officers with waists over 34 inches to climb Mount Pinatubo; United States Agriculture Department's diet summit; Actual average weigh gain of a person...
- Manuel's labors. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans Magazine;Aug99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p120
Presents information on Manuel's Hot Tamales' food service business in New Orleans, Louisiana. Description of the food store; Brief history of the business; Varied ways of marketing tamales.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/11/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p112
Presents a roundup concerning food companies and suppliers in the United States as of September 11, 2000. Inclusion of pork processor and manufacturer Smithfield Foods Inc.'s purchase of a stake in rival IBP Inc.; Web site launched by poultry processor Tyson Foods Inc. to provide food service...
- RETAIL-IATION. White, Gerald J. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/8/2002 Supplement, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the significance of food service quality in the food industry in the U.S. Definition quality by food manufacturers; Translation of innovative retail concepts to on-site facilities; Demand of customers for quality food items.
- Supplier digest. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p56
Reports on developments in the United States foodservice supply industry as of April 15, 1996. Includes Van den Bergh Foods Co.'s selection of Norbert Marketing as its 1995 Central Division Broker of the Year; Quaker Oats Co.'s appointment of I. Charles Matthews as its vice president for...
- New products. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/29/97 Supplement Brands, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p50
Features products aimed at the foodservice industry in the United States. Includes Bridgford Frozen Yeast Dough; Heinz ketchup; Gourmet cookies from Otis Spunkmeyer.
- Foodservice. // National Provisioner;Jan97, Vol. 211 Issue 1, p14
Provides information on food service of several food industries in the United States. Change of trade name of Favorite Chicken Company; Upscale steakhouse market targets by Bertucci's Brick Oven Pizzeria company.
- Specialty food markets adapt to change, see rising sales. Langan // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/06/99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p13
Examines the growth of the specialty foods industry in Utah. Sales performances by Rico's Mexican Market, Sam Granato's stores, Market and Deli and The Market; Promotional strategies; Comments by owners on their businesses; Description of their food offers; Market prospects for the 21st century.