Safeway expands take-out, adds private label to menu
- Return for school dinners. // Management Today;May97, p16
Focuses on the advantages of having an on-site company canteen. Details on an anecdote featuring SmithKline Beecham; Views of John Whiting, a tax partner at Price Waterhouse, on the financial advantages of catering; Comments from Clare Merdith, a spokesperson for the Sainsbury company.
- A contrarian view. Anderson, Carl // FoodService Director;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p42
Opinion. Focuses on Home-Meal Replacement (HMR) being the next home run in employee foodservice. How HMR is being viewed; What employee based HMR menus need to do to become successful.
- Corporate foodservices feel pinch of downsizing, SFM survey reveals. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/30/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p24
Reports on the results of a survey on corporate foodservice providers conducted by the Society for Foodservice Management in Louisville, Kentucky. Decrease in the employee customer base of respondents; Average participation rate at lunch; Increase in the number of cafeterias offering dinner for...
- Lunchtime is looking healthy. Singh, Sonoo; White, Amanda // Marketing Week;10/4/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p36
Presents the results of a survey on the lunchtime breaks of employees in Great Britain as of March 2001. Attitudes of the participants to taking lunches; Choices of the employees for a weekday lunchtime venue; Level of satisfaction with the food selections.
- Business & industry. // Food Management;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p47
Focuses on the evolution of noncommercial foodservice in business and industry in the United States. Bowery Savings Bank as the first known provider of business-based employee foodservice; Expansion of the meals-at-work programs during World War I; Emergence of the foodservice management companies.
- Marketcapsule: B&I lunch checks still declining. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p6
Presents data showing the decline in lunch check averages among business and industry foodservice self-operators in 1997.
- GOVT. BLAMES `OVERSTORING': See slowdown ahead for f/s growth. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p22
Predicts a slowdown in the growth of foodservice operators in the United States. Impact of the industry's overexpansion strategy; Issue on labor force.
- leader. // Grocer;4/12/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8149, p3
The article shares insight on the business performance of the grocery chain store sector in Great Britain. A review of the guidance on profit margins offered by incoming Tesco Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Philip Clarke is presented. Caution is also given about the potential risk of staff...
- Jackson VA Canteen selected as 2011 Canteen of the Year. // Jackson Advocate;6/7/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 34, p14A
The article focuses on the Patriot Canteen at the Gillespie V. Montgomery Veteran Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi, which has been selected as the 2011 Outstanding Canteen of the Year.