CUNY Graduate School moving to B. Altman
- Community colleges under fire. K.P. // Community Review;Fall90/Spring91, Vol. 11, p5
Opinion. Comments that the City University of New York has fallen victim to slashed education funds throughout the United States. Layoffs of faculty and staff; Cutbacks in student services; Impact on goal of community colleges to offer quality education.
- A university's sad decline. Leo, John // U.S. News & World Report;8/15/94, Vol. 117 Issue 7, p20
Contends that New York's city university system, CUNY, has undergone a sad decline over the last 24 years. Why this college's fate should serve as a cautionary tale for college administrators.
- CUNY board approves budget request. // New York Amsterdam News;11/19/94, Vol. 85 Issue 47, p35
Reports on the approval of the 1995-96 budget of the City University of New York. Increase in enrollment.
- New standards will send many CUNY students to community colleges. Chenoweth, Karin // Black Issues in Higher Education;06/11/98, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the end of remediation in the City University of New York. Potential impact of remediation standards; Development of articulation agreements between the community and senior colleges.
- CUNY sets small business training in East Harlem. // New York Amsterdam News;6/22/96, Vol. 87 Issue 25, p34
Announces that the City University of New York will open a free East Harlem Small Business Development Program. Program elements; Contact information.
- CUNY lies in wait. Reyes, Damaso // New York Amsterdam News;04/30/98, Vol. 89 Issue 18, p1
Presents information on issues regarding the future of the City University of New York (CUNY). Details on the Comprehensive Action Plan (CAP) slate to be voted on at the CUNNY board of trustees meeting; Reaction of students to the CAP.
- 5-year federal grant to help bring technology to Northeast schools. // New York Amsterdam News;10/28/95, Vol. 86 Issue 43, p40
Reports on the federal grant to the City University of New York called the Northeast Regional Technology Consortium (Net Tech) from the Department of Education. Integrating educational technologies; Supporting learning from kindergarten to high school; Collaboration with other technology centers.
- CUNY gets building. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;10/4/93, Vol. 9 Issue 40, p34
Reports on a Minneapolis, Minnesota couple's donation of a tower to the City University (CUNY) of New York's Borough of Manhattan Community College. Site.
- City University. Tatum, Elinor // New York Amsterdam News;6/15/96, Vol. 87 Issue 24, p22
Reports on recipients of Salk Scholarships at the City University of New York.