Arizona prison system converts to contractors
- Calif. bids prison contracts. // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p40
Reports that there has been a change in the anti-privatization stance of California, as a result of the state budget crisis. Number of facility contracts signed; Comments from Patrick Turner, regional sales manager, for ARAMARK Correctional Services; Details on ARAMARK's Santa Ana Jail contract.
- Canteen Correctional Services begins offering meals in P.R. prisons. Gonzalez-Velazquez, Joanisabel // Caribbean Business;5/13/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p4
Reports that Canteen Correctional Services (CCS) has nabbed a three-year contract valued at $54 million to serve meals in Puerto Rico prisons. Issuance of an order by Corrections and Rehabilitation Secretary Miguel Pereira to comply with a ruling in the class-action lawsuit Morales Feliciano v....
- Outsourcing fills the gap. Berne, Steve // Prepared Foods;Mid-Apr97, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p35
Lists various suppliers offering product development outsourcing assistance to the food service market. Equipment suppliers; Ingredient suppliers; Laboratories; Research/Consultancies.
- Contract management. // Food Management;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p84
Discusses the evolution of contract foodservice industry in the United States. Pioneers in the contract foodservice; Introduction of vending services and products; Formation of the Automatic Retailers of America (ARA); Emergence of national contractors; Mergers and acquisition among the...
- Think big--or small, in contract biz both work. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/16/97, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p56
Focuses on the trends in the foodservice contracting industry in the United States. Gaining strong entry into a particular geographic market sector through acquisition; Fear of mid-size and small firms of loss of personal service when dealing with large contractors; Noncommercial market...
- Deals for meals: Contract giants exploit big-get-bigger strategies. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/22/98, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p156
Focuses on the increase in business for contract food service in the United States. Assessment of industry's performance as corporations outsource their food services; Major purchases and deals struck among institutions in the contracting field.
- NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center (NorthPoint): Notice of Request for Proposals for Food Vendors for NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center Fit4Fun Event. // Minnesota State Register;4/13/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p1468
The article reports on a notice issued by NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center that requested food vendors to submit their bids for the Fit4Fun event in North Minneapolis that is scheduled on September 12, 2015.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/11/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p20
Reports on developments in on-site foodservice in the United States as of December 11, 2000. Aramark's plan to buy Correctional Foodservice Management from the Wackenhut Corp.; Culinart Inc.'s purchase of food management company P.M. Executive Caterers.
- Banned in the bighouse. Chanen, Jill Schachner // ABA Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p26
Reports that the Arizona Department of Corrections has eliminated its prison law libraries and is instead providing limited legal assistance to inmates through paralegals. Purpose of the system; Cost of maintaining the former libraries; Areas qualified for complaints.