Marriott introduces healthcare to Crossroads
- 'At your request:' SMS offers better room service to patients. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/29/99, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p18
Focuses on the quality of foodservice offered by Sodexho Marriott Services, a company that resulted from the merger of Marriott Management Services and Sodexho North America, to hospital patients. Possibility of cross-pollination of ideas and programs between the two entities as one of the...
- Hospital Joins Healthy Food Network. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;2/22/2012, p3
The article reports on the participation of University Hospital in San Antonio, Texas in the Por Vida healthy dining program.
- Hospital room service a critical condition of good care. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/31/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p20
Discusses the dining program of Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Room service offered by the hospital to all patients; Patients' selection of restaurant-style menu; Call center established at the hospital to take orders from patients; Increase in patient...
- Hospital to forbid fad diets. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/28/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4288, p12
Deals with the decision of the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in England to forbid fad diets to patients because of fears they could hinder their recovery. Policy patients requiring special diets for medical or religious reasons; Comments on the Atkins diet.
- TONY ALMEIDA, ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL: In Touch at RWJ. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p28
Features Tony Almeida, director of the nutrition department at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Educational and career background of the director; Challenges faced as food service director in healthcare; Efforts done to improve hospital foodservice.
- Hospital Power Players: University of Michigan Medical Center. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/27/2015, p1
The article offers information about the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor including the number of licensed beds, number of daily in-patients, and dining and nutrition services as of October 27, 2015.
- On-site Omnibus. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/09/96, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p18
Reports that Marriott Management Services has received the Auguste Escoffier Award from the Culinary Institute of America and Sodexho has been awarded a contract to manage food, vending and catering services at the St. Jude Children's Research Center in Memphis, Tennessee.
- New hospital designs change with demands. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p4
The article presents information on changing trends in the design and construction of hospitals in Cleveland, Ohio. It has been stated that old hospital standards are being replaced with private rooms, large flat-screen TVs, natural light and restaurant-grade meals. The Clinic, Lake Hospital...
- High-tech drives costs lower. // FoodService Director;11/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p4
This article reports on an automated diet office management system being used by the Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, New York to cut costs, deliver meal orders more accurately and improve its food service operation in a variety of ways. Hospital officials implemented the system...