Meals to home deliveries up tenfold at Conn. hosp
- Conn. hospital expands Meals to Home program. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the success of the Meals to the Home program of Windham Hospital in Willimantic, Connecticut since its introduction in 1997. Delivery capacity of the program; Key to the program's success; Menu offerings; Cost of each meal; Required routes for delivery runs.
- Conn. hosp. launches `Meals for Home.' // FoodService Director;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1
Presents information on a program called `Meals for the Home,' launched by Windham Hospital in Willimantic, Connecticut. Comments made by director of food and nutrition, Charles Robinson; When the program started; Information on the food selections.
- MEALS ON WHEELS. Gardner, Scott // Foodservice & Hospitality;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p28
The article reports on the Meal Train program launched by the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Ontario. Food on a room-service model is delivered to sick children. The hospital operates its version of a hotel-style kitchen which provides cooked-to-order meals that use both outsourced and...
- Eat Better & Move More: A Community-Based Program Designed to Improve Diets and Increase Physical Activity Among Older Americans. Wellman, Nancy S.; Kamp, Barbara; Kirk-Sanchez, Neva J.; Johnson, Paulette M. // American Journal of Public Health;Apr2007, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p710
Objectives. We assessed outcomes of an integrated nutrition and exercise program designed for Older Americans Act Nutrition Program participants as part of the Administration on Aging's You Can! campaign. Methods. A 10-site intervention study was conducted. Preintervention and postintervention...
- Citymeals-on-Wheels hosts 'Best Tables in Town' // Nation's Restaurant News;05/28/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 22, p54
Reports the fund-raising activity hosted by Citymeals-on-Wheels organization in New York. Personnel of the food service industry participated in the activity; Details on the proceeds; Donations for the activity.
- Chefs cook up fun in New York at Citymeals-on-Wheels event. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/10/96, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p31
Reports on the success of `The American Country Fair,' in New York City which benefited the Citymeals-on-Wheels, a private, non-profit group that delivers hot, nutritious meals to elderly residents in New York City's five boroughs.
- Fashion & Beauty Industries supports Citymeals-on-Wheels. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/10/96, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p106
Presents a photograph of the participants of the 1996 Citymeals-on-Wheels benefit in New York City.
- Food and fashion. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/4/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 42, p14
Reports on Citymeals-on-Wheels' preparation for its annual American Chefs' Tribute on June 2, 1997.
- Netherlands. // Business America;11/15/93, Vol. 114 Issue 23, p23
Reports on potential for growth of home pizza delivery companies in the Netherlands. Number of pizza delivery companies in the whole of the Netherlands; Reason for stagnation of the delivery business; Opportunity for American pizza/food delivery firms to enter the Dutch market; Contact information.