'Tailgating' under a tent
- FleetCenter food wows Boston fans. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;10/23/95, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the opening of the FleetCenter arena in Boston, Massachusetts. Sportservice Corp. as foodservice operator at the arena; Delaware North Cos. Inc. as owner of the arena; Food service offerings at the site; Projected annual revenues from the new center; Prices of food products.
- Sportservice Corp. scores with concession deals at 2 new arenas. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/22/99, Vol. 33 Issue 47, p18
Reports on the contract awarded to Sportservice Corp. to provide food service for American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas and a stadium for the San Diego Padres. Services to be provided by Sportservice; Start of menu planning an design work for the two structures.
- Sportservice Corp. to feed crowds at Ohio's new Nationwide Arena. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/02/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p23
Reports on the contract awarded to Sportservice Corp. to manage all food service at National Arena in Columbus, Ohio. Terms of the contract; Restaurants that will operate in the arena.
- Generating customer buzz... // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on Sportservice's `Ask Me Why I Am #2' food service program at the Tampa Ice Palace in Florida. Impact of the program on the company's customers; Idea for the program.
- Tailgate parties now part of rampage game plan. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/18/98, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p8
Highlights the city's report on the second tailgate or pregame street party held outside of the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan prior to the Grand Rapids Rampage home opener. Location of the football team's block party; Absence of corporate complaints; Complaints about jaywalkers and...
- BEYOND PEANUTS AND CRACKER JACKS. // Food Management;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the food services management of SportServices, a division of North Delaware Companies, Inc. Operation of the division in fifty sporting venues and entertainment complexes; Contract of the company with a college university Components of the growth strategy of the catering division.
- To Hungry Football Fans: Sportservice kicks off. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p28
Details the food service at the Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo, New York. Number of concession stands, portable units and vendors operating in the stadium; Items prepared by Sportservice Corp. for the opening game for the 1999 season; Other catering services of Sportservice.
- Bronco Parents plan tailgate party Sept. 1. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);8/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p1
The article presents information on a tailgate party hosted by the Bronco Parents to be held in the west end of Bronco Stadium on September 1, 2006, prior to the first home football game in Texas. The specialty of the day includes old-fashioned hamburgers and cheeseburgers with chips, desserts,...
- Sportservice uses technology to redefine arena foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/25/96, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p19
Reports on Sportservice Corp.'s use of a point-of-service technology in managing its foodservice operations at Marine Midland Arena in New York City. Key features of the technology; Comments from Debra Robinson, manager of parent company Information Systems for Delaware North Cos.