St. Louis GPO in merger talks
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Jan98, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p9
Reports that the board members of Catholic Materials Management Alliance has approved a merger with Diversified Health Services.
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;May98, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the appointment of John Strong to serve as the new president and chief executive officer of the Catholic hospital group purchasing organization formed by the merger of Catholic Materials Management Alliance and Diversified Health Services. Strong's experience as Premier's chief...
- Cleveland Clinic Rocks. Barlow, Rick Dana // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jul2005, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p12
Features The Cleveland Clinic Health System in Ohio. Recognition received by the The Cleveland Clinic from "Healthcare Purchasing News" journal; Cost reductions generated by its materials management department; Responsibilities of each section of its materials management department. INSET: 20...
- Making the case. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;01/13/97, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p2
Reports on plans of the Federation of American Health Systems, to launch a campaign to educate state lawmakers about sales of not-for-profit hospitals to investor-owned companies. What the campaign includes; Which states will be visited by Thomas Scully, president of the federation; How...
- Diversified Healthcare buys DTEC. // Modern Healthcare;5/27/96, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p22
Reports on Diversified Healthcare Services' purchase of DTEC Inc., a pharmacy-management company, for an undisclosed amount. Specialized services of DTEC; Broadening of DTEC's base on the affiliation with Diversified Healthcare.
- Health systems wising up to smart card technology. Williamson, Julie E. // Healthcare Purchasing News;May2001, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the interest of U.S. health systems in smart card technology. Pilot projects of the U.S. Veterans Health Administration using smart cards; Benefits of using smart cards; Reasons for the reluctance of some hospitals to use smart cards to purchase medical supplies.
- Seeing Device Costs Clearly. Series #5. KEHOE, BOB // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;May2012, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p73
The article reports on challenges which U.S. hospitals typically encounter when attempting to obtain comparable pricing information on implantable medical devices and discusses efforts that many U.S. hospitals are making in 2012 to better manage the costs of implantable medical devices. Case...
- Partnering for the future. Ullery, Judy; Hoefler, Debbie // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct97, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p60
Focuses on the partnership of Diversified Health Services with Keane Incorporated to develop an accurate patient billing and accounting system. Importance of building a database of relevant ranked data in marketing, research and patient cost analysis; Considerations in system installation; Need...
- Surveying the details. Weinstein, Alan // Materials Management in Health Care;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the result of a survey regarding the relationship of health systems and hospitals with their Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) in the U.S. Percentage of hospitals and health care systems who believes that benchmarking of supply chain activities is an important service expected from...