Army expands branded theme concepts
- AAFES to open Manhattan Bagel units. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/23/96, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p18
Reports on the Army-Air Force Exchange Service's (AAFES) signing of a licensing agreement with Manhattan Bagel Co. to operate its bagel shops on military bases. Opening on two bases in the first quarter of 1997; Total foodservice revenue for fiscal 1995.
- NEW NAME, NEW EFFICIENCIES. Reilly, Dan J. // Army AL&T Magazine;Jan2014, p62
The article discusses the 2013 rebranding of the directorates of logistics (DOL) by the U.S. Army Materiel Command (AMC) as logistics readiness centers (LRC). It reports how this rebranding involves the transfer of DOL to the AMC from the U.S. Army Installation Management Command and the...
- The Lost Frontier. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Jun2003, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p32
Focuses on the secret military base in the Aleutian Islands, Alaska. Plan of the military to ward off possible Japanese attacks; Attack of the Japanese troops on Dutch Harbor; Opposition of the Navy in the involvement of the Army in the area.
- Post Information. // Soldiers;Jan2005, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p16
Presents a directory of active domestic and overseas military installations of the U.S. Army.
- Army agrees to sell old Defense Depot to Ogden for discounted price. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/04/98, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p9
Reports that the US Army has agreed to let the city of Ogden, Utah purchase the Defense Depot Ogden at a discounted price. Method in which Ogden can acquire the depot property; Next phase of the approval process; Amount of money being offered by Ogden to purchase the depot property.
- United States Army Forts and Military Bases. // Monkeyshines on America;Sep2003 U.S. Military Army, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p27
Presents information on U.S. Army forts and military bases in the country.
- Post information. // Soldiers;Jan99, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p17
Presents post information on United States Army installations in the US and around the world. Includes the Anniston Army Depot in Alabama; Fort Leavenworth in Kansas; 80th Area Support Group in Chievres, Belgium; Camp Garry Owen in Korea; Army National Guard installation at Camp Robinson in...
- White Sands Missile Range. // Army Magazine;Dec2002, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p34
Reports on the U.S. Army Department's White Sands Missile Range (WSMR) facility in the south central part of New Mexico. Role of the facility in the defense acquisition process by providing various services to acquisition programs of all U.S. military branches; Description of the land area...
- 78th Signal Battalion begins major upgrade in Japan. Whitehead, Tony // Army Communicator;Summer98, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p46
Reports on the upgrading of Honshu network to support the United States Army Japan/17th Area Support Group warfighting operations in Camp Zama, Japan. Purpose of the objective network architecture; Use of fiber-optic cable installed by the Japanese government.