Kids now dine with dinosaurs
- FUN FOODS: Zoos and Aquariums Keep Classics But Chase Trends. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Apr/May2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p98
The article reports on the food service offered by zoos and aquariums in the U.S. It states that the move aims to address the needs and demands of guests on the availability of foods and beverages aside from the attractions provided by amusement facilities. Information on the different menus...
- Report: Amusement Park FS Sales Up. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;3/27/2012, p6
The article discusses the report "Amusement Park Foodservice Trends in the U.S.," released by Packaged Facts which conclude that foodservice sales in U.S. amusement parks have increased as of March 27, 2012.
- Universal's lodging/entertainment ctr.: Gearing up to feed a `city'. Blank, Christine // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p140
Focuses on food service at the Universal City Florida, an entertainment an lodging center for tourists and conventioneers. Staffing concerns; Lineup of restaurants; Theme parties. INSET: At the theme park: How chefs prep for the crowds..
- Knotts Berry Farms adds food themes, speeds service. Long, Dolores // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p44
Focuses on the food service at Knott's Berry Farm, an amusement park in Buena Park, Calfornia. Comments from Bonny Perez, director of the foodservice division at the park; Challenge faced by the park; Introduction of a theming of the food; Views of Scott Kidd, executive chef at the park's...
- Make F&B part of your masterplan. Holtzman, Mike // Park World;Jul2010, p9
In this article the author discusses giving attention to food and beverage (F&B) department of amusement parks.
- Waste Removal Costs Lowered: Universal City Walk adds retail/local dining options. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
Announces the addition of retail and dining spaces at the Universal CityWalk amusement park in Los Angeles, California. Foodservice venues that will be available; Service formats of the establishments.
- Specialty snacks star at Knott's. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p24
Reports that the Knott's Berry Farm theme park in Buena Park, California has developed specialty snack items. Description of the baked, barbecued and dessert products offered; Plans for ride-food tie-ins.
- Following a Theme Park Trail Along the Eastern Seaboard. Barrett, Wayne M. // USA Today Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 130 Issue 2676, p42
Introduces several family theme parks and other family destinations in the United States. Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Virginia; Baltimore Zoo in Baltimore, Maryland; National Aquarium in Baltimore, Maryland; Kings Dominion Amusement Park in Doswell, Virginia.
- Figures of Fun. // Park World;Mar2010, p6
Statistics on various topics are presented including the year predicted that Hong Kong Disneyland to break even, the recorded attendance of visitors of the 75th Year Anniversary of Belfast Zoo in Northern Ireland, and the received visitors at Parque de la Costa in Tigre, Argentina.