Dallas dist. puts 30 schools on-line
- Heavy Metal. DAY, C. WILLIAM // American School & University;Oct2006, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p54
The article describes technological changes to Ethernet wire, which is used in computer networks. The author describes the history of changes to Ethernet cables and provides the technical specifications of category one through seven cables. The author recommends that Information Technology...
- Extending purchasing options. Shaw, Richard // American School & University;Dec96, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p42
Presents purchasing options that schools can choose from to save time and money. Includes petty cash accounts; Open purchase order; Procurement cards.
- UPDATE. // Education Week;11/29/1989, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p3
The article reports that the Wyoming Valley School in Wisconsin which was designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright has been sold worth more than 300,000 dollars for an auction by the River Valley School District.
- Small Oregon Science Publisher Livens State Textbook Adoption. // Educational Marketer;9/10/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p3
Deals with the submission of textbooks by several publishers for the elementary science adoption in Oregon in 2001.
- Around The States... // Educational Marketer;9/10/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p7
Presents news briefs concerning the procurement activities of several schools around the United States as of September 10, 2001, including the funds allocated for the textbook needs of Oklahoma schools.
- Internet could save schools big bucks. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;May2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p13
Reports that schools across the United States are starting to purchase needed supplies over the Internet. Saving on administrative costs; Amount being spent by United States public schools on supplies each year.
- E-Procurement Shakeout Leaves Standing Companies Optimistic. // Electronic Education Report;10/10/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p4
Reports on electronic educational procurement in the United States. Consolidation of seven major online companies; Range of educational procurement industry; Concerns of the companies involved in electronic commerce.
- West Coast colleges form buying collective. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
Details a one-year pilot contract signed by Southern California nonprofit corporation College and University Resources Board (CURB) to track and leverage rebates with a healthcare group purchasing organization. Aim of CURB to maximize collective purchases for campuses; Members of CURB; Expected...
- Purchasers Go Online and Vendors are Onboard. Beazley, Lisa // Government Procurement;Jun2000, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on College Park, Georgia-based Fulton County Schools Purchasing Department's introduction of its Web site. Tool for purchasing; Increased number of vendors competing to bring the best goods and services to Fulton County Schools; Elimination of mass mailings; Enhancement of relations...