Sr. living ctr. switches to restaurant
- `Affordable' senior complex opens in Peekskill. Brody, Loren // Westchester County Business Journal;02/07/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the opening of a senior housing complex called the Drum Hill Senior Living Community in Peekskill, New York. Financing of the construction of the housing complex from the Peekskill Industrial Development Agency; Rental fees for the units at Drum Hill.
- Polishing up foodservice in the `Golden Years'. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;5/1/95, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p41
Focuses on the increased efforts of retirement facilities in the United States to improve their foodservice. Examples of programs that are being implemented to compete with freestanding restaurants; Includes the provision of low-fat, low-sodium menu choices; Introduction of a program that...
- Renovation Raises the Bar. Rowe, Megan // Food Management;Nov2003, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p40
Discusses a plan targeting younger retirees provided an opportunity to update dining services at the Collington lifecare community in Mitchelville, Maryland. Expansion of the kitchen and eating facilities to accommodate 150 residents; Concept of the design of the dining area which encourage...
- Creating Production Efficiencies. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p32
Reports on how Daphne Gulick, director of food services at Masonic Homes, improved food service operations at the Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania-based continuing care retirement community and children's home. Challenges faced by Gulick in improving the organization's food service program;...
- The Best Care for Your Parents. Cutter, John // Good Housekeeping;Jun2000, Vol. 230 Issue 6, p93
Provides information on a variety of care offered to senior citizens. Care at home; Assisted living; Continuing-care retirement community; Nursing home. INSETS: NICK, ARTHUR & ETHELINN BLOCK, by Beth Witrogen McLeod;BOB & MARIANNA MURRAY, by B.W.M.;FRIEDA BASSIN & BETH JOHNSON, by B.W.M..
- The good life. Lipowski, Melissa // Food Management;Jun99, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p52
Reports on the efforts of the Medford, Oregon-based Rogue Valley Manor continuing care retirement community to give the residents the best service by offering more resort-like dining options. Opening of Skyline Plaza; Features of the Plaza's dining areas; Coordinating production; Customer...
- Food Lover, Leader. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p18
The article focuses on the effort of Daphne Gulick, senior director of food services at continuous care retirement community (CCRC), Masonic Village in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, to incorporate high technology to make dining more efficient. CCRC has embraced modern technology including dietary...
- Community Activist. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p34
The article features the work of Lesha Colin as manager of Winchester Gardens, a continuing care retirement community in Maplewood, New Jersey. It is noted that Colin enhances life at Winchester Gardens by creating a sense of community. Pat Connolly, president of Sodexho Senior Services...
- Menus. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);5/25/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p4
The article offers information on the menu that will be served to senior citizens and students in Texas from May 27-31, 2013, including chicken teriyaki for Donley County's seniors, mushroom steak for the seniors of Hedley, and tangerine chicken for the Hedley Independent School District (ISD).