WA nursing home mixes nourishments
- How we straightened out the meal service using CQI. Momyer, Robert K. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar94, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the experiences of the Manchester House Nursing and Convalescent Center in Media, Pennsylvania when it applied the continuous quality improvement (CQI) program to its food service. Description of the process; notable improvement in the food service department of the center; Use of...
- Food service as a marketing tool. Shea, Chuck // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p30
Focuses on quality food service's effect on a nursing homes image. Consideration for prospective residents; Quality of life issues; Nursing home selection process; Techniques to market a nursing home.
- AT MARRIOTT SR. COMMUNITY.: Room delivery adds $100K. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the hotel-style room service food offered to the independent living residents in Stamford, Connecticut.
- TO IMPROVE DINING EXPERIENCE: HEBREW HOME SERVING FAMILY. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the food service of Hebrew Home of Greater Washington in Rockville, Maryland. Restaurant foods offered at the nursing home; Schedule and rules in holding the restaurant nights.
- New software cuts costs. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the implementation of a software menu program by Bon Secours Maria Manor nursing home in St. Petersburg, Florida, which will cut costs of food. Comments from Doris Welch, director of dietary services for the facility; Addition of Family Night Dinners at the nursing home.
- This is the nursing home life. Humble, Loretta // Malakoff News (TX);5/9/2014, Vol. 105 Issue 19, p5
The article offers the author's insights regarding services offered at the Cedar Lake Home Health and Hospice nursing home located in Malakoff, Texas.
- Scratch-prep cuts food-costs. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p22
Reports that resident lifecare community University Village in Tampa, Florida has streamlined food-costs in 1998 by emphasizing more scratch-prep under executive chef Frederick Lucardie. Average food-costs for the main meal; Offering of upscale menus; Standard dishes offered in seven selections.
- 2000: Meal counts, spending rise double-digits. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p50
Focuses on the results of a survey on meal counts and food spending in nursing homes and assisted-living chains in the United States in 2000. Average daily food allocation for every patient; Growth rate of long-term care facility infrastructure; Information on the foodservice program of Mease...
- Generational changes on-tap for senior f/s. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p52
Examines foodservice operations in nursing homes in the United States in 2001. Statistics on nursing home industry growth; Factors contributing to changes in food service to nursing homes.