MetroHealth introduces cook-chill
- An FSD Newstrack Exclusive: MetroHealth Consolidates Try-Line Facilities. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
Announces the completion of the Advanced Meal Delivery System of the MetroHealth Systems, which will serve the population at its medical center and skilled nursing facility in Cleveland, Ohio. Details on the systems tray production; Capacity of its central kitchen; Features of the food delivery...
- Florida hospital sets new delivery program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p26
Reports that Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida has been developing a delivery program at its branded food-court. Plan to offer a limited menu of selection from branded stations; Highlights of the program.
- Making anything portable. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p102
Offers a look at the breakfast service of three hospital cafeterias in the United States. Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida; Jackson Hospital and Clinic in Montgomery, Alabama; North Shore University Hospital in Plainview, New York.
- Fewer menu choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p110
Reports on trends in food service in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Introduction of beef dishes at Presbyterian Medical Center; Offering of traditional food fare at The Grace Plaza of Great Neck; Regularly menued beef items.
- Going beyond turkey club. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p128
Focuses on deli food operations in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport's offering of low fat deli meats; Health Choice meat products offered at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center's main cafeteria;...
- 3-D PICTURE MENU AIDS PEDIATRIC MEAL SERVICE. // Health Facilities Management;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the use of the Fisher-Price 'View Master,' a three-dimensional picture menu, by patients at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center as of April 2003. Features and mechanism; Benefits for children.
- HOSPITAL SERVES UP ETHNIC SMORGASBORD. // Health Facilities Management;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the traditional food offerings at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois as of July 1, 2003. Purpose of its expanded offerings of traditional food; Result of a tasting session conducted by the hospital for staff, interpreters and the press.
- Linking computers & phones. Grossbauer, Sue // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p170
Describes how foodservice executives in two United States hospitals linked computers and telephones to better manage the facilities' menu process. Process-analysis for patient menus; Interactive voice response systems; Integrated solution offered by Vision Software Technologies Inc. and...
- Regional news: Midwest. // Modern Healthcare;2/26/96, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p68
Reports that the emergency departments of Cleveland Clinic and MetroHealth System will be under the leadership of Charles L. Emerman starting March 1, 1996.