AFC forms new co-brand pact
- Thornton Oil to Close Its Two Franchise Stores. // Convenience Store News;8/4/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p12
Thornton Oil Corp., operator of more than 150 convenience stores in five states in the U.S., said it would close its only two franchised locations. These stores, both in Kentucky, were part of an acquisition from Texaco Inc. several years ago.
- Texaco, TCBY team up. // National Petroleum News;Sep96, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p24
Reports on Texaco's joint venture with TCBY Enterprises Inc. to develop convenience store markets in the Caribbean and Latin America. Opening of joint operations in Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Cayman Islands.
- MORE CONVENIENT FOR STAFF: Boston utility opens cafe, c-store for merged staff. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p34
Reports on the creation of a cafe and convenience store at Nstar Group's Summit showcase headquarters building in Boston, Massachusetts. Designers of the Summit's employee dining facilities; Features of the cafe's equipment package; Features of the cafe's service stations; Design of the...
- To the Last Drop. Westra, Abbie // CSP;Jun2012, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p65
The article discusses the highlights of the Coffee Bar Development Summit held in Portland, Oregon on April 18 and 19, 2012. John Notte, coffee concepts manager for Sheetz Inc., has given a talk on the importance of engagement in the coffee supply chain. Notte has advised attendees to direct...
- Death of the corner cafe. van der Kooy, Rob // Finance Week;03/10/2000, p22
Reports that cafes in South Africa may not stay much longer as more convenience stores offering the same products at lower prices make their presence felt in the retail food market. Franchising opportunities for people to become shop owners; Groups dominating the retail market. INSET: The...
- AFC's Seattle Coffee taps Schickler as prexy amid sales war with Starbucks. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/27/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 48, p8
Reports that AFC Enterprises has named Steven Schickler as president of its Seattle Coffee Co. subsidiary. Alleged corporate turnaround expertise of Schickler; Revenues of Seattle Coffee for the fiscal 2000.
- 54% AT UNIV.-NEW HAMPSHIRE: C-store boosts campus retail. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the opening of the Philbrook Cafe, a cafe-convenience store, at the University of New Hampshire. Estimated sales per day of the cafe; National and in-house brands serving at the store; Cost Construction cost of the store; Features of the cafe-convenience store.
- Retailers Uncertain of Chevron-Texaco Impact. Enis, Matthew // Convenience Store News;9/25/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the merger between Chevron Corp. and Texaco Inc., both a convenience store in San Francisco, California. Approval of U.S. Federal Trade Commission on the merger; Impact of the merger on the expansion plan of retailers; Terms of the merger agreement.
- Chevron's Acquisition Raises Doubts. Lofstock, John // Convenience Store News;11/27/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p10
Discusses the implications of Chevron Corp.'s acquisition of Texaco Inc. for Texaco-branded service stations and convenience stores in the United States. Potential elimination of the Texaco brand in favor of Chevron; Concern about higher retail gasoline prices due to dwindling competition;...