Voyage of discovery
- Does winning guarantee you success? // Cabinet Maker;1/7/2005, Issue 5420, p16
The article reports that every year the Furniture Show culminates in the celebration of the furniture industry with the Furniture Awards. Now in its 14th year, the awards recognize not only design talent, craftsmanship, marketability, commercial prospects and innovation across upholstery,...
- To market: designer profile: sarah krauser. // Hospitality Design;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p44
This article focuses on the 180-piece furniture by designer Sarah Krauser. After graduating from the University of Georgia with a fine arts degree, Krauser worked for a few Atlanta-based hospitality firms Including A Group and Marcia Davis & Associates. With such large projects as the New York...
- The U.S. household furniture industry: Status and opportunities. Buehlmann, Urs; Schuler, Al // Forest Products Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p20
Over the past two decades, large sections of the domestic residential upholstered and nonupholstered furniture industry have relocated manufacturing operations to offshore countries with lower production costs. As a consequence, the U.S. market share of imported, nonupholstered wood household...
- Chicago casual furniture market shortens last day. // Furniture/Today;7/12/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p26
Announces that the International Casual Furniture and Accessories Market in Chicago, Illinois, on September 18-22, 2004, will end at noon on the last day rather than 6 p.m. Decision by the Summer and Casual Furniture Manufacturers Association's board.
- Design takes the stage in Singapore. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;3/5/2004, Issue 5378, p8
Delves into the 21st International Furniture Fair in Singapore during the first week of March 2004. Topics discussed in the furniture exhibition's design forum; Criteria used in the furniture design competition; Winners of the furniture design competition.
- Custom work gives U.S. manufacturers an edge. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;1/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p85
The article reports that furniture buyers found a one-of-a-kind custom merchandise in Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market in Atlanta, Georgia. Eddy West, high-end manufacturer of case goods, home entertainment and home office furniture, brought 250 items in its line. According...
- Events. // Cabinet Maker;1/30/2004, Issue 5373, p8
Presents a calendar of events on congresses and conventions in the furniture industry and interior designing as of January 2004. International Specialized Exhibition of Furniture, Interiors and Design; Furniture of Russia; Prago Interier/New design.
- Dick Idol & Partners To Anchor New Rustic Pavilion In High Point. // Home Fashion & Furniture Trends;Aug/Sep2007, p6
This article reports on the decision of Dick Idol, one of the most famous brands in rustic home decor, and several of his licensed brands, to participate in the inaugural Rustic Pavilion in the Suites at Market Square during the Fall High Point Market trade show on October 1-7, 2007 in North...
- London Interiors 3-5 July. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p12
Presents a number of the products on exhibit at London Interiors on July 3-5, 2005. Slug from pod specialist Tangerine Tulips; Bradley Classic Range of Bradley Furniture; Painting from the Polo Collection, distributed by AJ Distributors; Bespoke furniture maker Varka to making a debut show...