Adverts stand out from crowd
- Practicalities and Possibilities. // Forest Products Journal;Jan2006, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p17
The article reviews several research in terms of their usefulness to the forest products industry. The list includes "Incorporating Interstate Trade in a Multi-Region Timber Inventory Projection System," "Stress-Wave Velocity of Wood-Based Panels: Effect of Moisture, Product Type, and Material...
- New furniture range from James Richardson. // Australian Hotelier;Apr2006, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p32
The article reports that furniture company James Richardson have signed a contract with European design house Tonster to distribute classis European furniture in Australia. The furnitre collection of Tonster offered
- RESIDENTIAL FURNITURE. // Wood Products;Dec2013, p14
The article offers an overview of the condition of the residential furniture market in the U.S. as of 2013. It highlights the modest growth of consumer spending for furniture and bedding products as well as discusses the reshoring efforts by domestic manufacturers. The design trends in the...
- News. // Cabinet Maker;5/7/2004, Issue 5387, p8
Presents a calendar of events involving trade and professional organizations in the furniture industry from May through October 2004.
- CHANGING PLACES. Neilson, Tony // Inwood;Ma/Jun2008, Issue 80, p36
The article offers information on the March 2008 Malaysian International Furniture Fair (MIFF), the state of the furniture industry in Malaysia and how the change of leadership in government is expected to spur industry growth. According to one of the MIFF exhibitors, Malaysia is becoming more...
- 'MADE ON EARTH'. Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Apr2007, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p15
The article examines the impact of globalization on U.S. wood products industry. According to the author, the emergence of China as a world furniture super power has led to the shutdown of U.S. residential furniture manufacturing operations in favor of outsourcing full lines of furniture from...
- THE FOURTH DIMENSION. // Inwood;Oct/Nov2005, Issue 65, p32
The article reports on the search for an identity by the Malaysian furniture industry. The goal requires a great philosophical and practical upheaval across a large and generally unsophisticated industry. Former Malaysia Furniture Industries Council chief Paul Wang is responsible for...
- Ethan Allen sees positives. // Furniture/Today;7/18/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p50
Reports that furniture retailer-manufacturer Ethan Allen said it expects to report delivered sales of $242.3 million in its fourth quarter ended June 30, 2005. Sales for the comparable year-earlier period; Increase in written sales to company-owned stores; Increase in same-store sales; Plan to...
- Retail Intelligence. // Cabinet Maker;5/7/2004, Issue 5387, p14
Looks into the trends in sales of house furniture in the European Union. Increase in sales of living cabinet; Percentage of increase in sales of upholstery; Volume of sales of furniture.