The trials and triumphs in 2004
- DFS thrives on pressure. // Cabinet Maker;6/8/2007, Issue 5541, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of sofa specialist DFS for the year ending July 29, 2006. Profit before interest increased 3.5 percent to Â£61.4 million from Â£59.3 million. Operating margin improved to 10.7 percent from 10.3 percent. In addition, turnover was Â£575...
- Cash-rich DFS taps into the buying power of South East. // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2008, Issue 5586, p30
The article offers information on the headline report of the May 1995 issue of "Cash-Rich DFS Taps Into the Buying Power of South East." It talks about the financial performance of DFS, one of Great Britain's leading specialist retailers of upholstered furniture founded by Chairman Graham...
- DFS forced to close store after flood. Lews, Mark // Cabinet Maker;1/14/2005, Issue 5421, p4
The article reports that DP Furniture Express and DFS have been forced to close their Carlisle stores after severe flooding-the equivalent of two months rain fell on one night on January 7, 2005. Most of the city centre was flooded and 70,000 residents, plus businesses, were left without power...
- Product updates keep DFS orders coming in. // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2003, Issue 5336, p3
Reports on the growth of sales of furniture industry DFS in Great Britain. Significance of the conduct of product updates with fashion trends; Rate of operating profit; Expectation of customer service improvements.
- DFS figures give rival chains' shares a boost. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2003, Issue 5336, p6
Reports on the positive implications of DFS' growth of shares in the retail furnishing sector in Great Britain. Percentage increase of shares; Amount of price offered by Selfridge; Percentage of share gained by Silenthight. INSET: Share Update on 28 April.
- Think sofas -- think DFS. Kirkham, Lord // Cabinet Maker;10/17/2003, Issue 5360, p17
Presents author's view about the business operations of Great Britain-based furniture company DFS. Market share; Edge of the company over other business rivals; Strategic plans over the succeeding years starting 2003.
- DFS sees signs of an upturn. // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2003, Issue 5367, p4
Focuses on the financial recovery of DFS in Europe. Recovery in sales; Forecast flat profits.
- BEALE ON...DFS. Beale, Claire // Campaign;12/5/2003, Issue 49, p25
The article provides information related to advertising industry. Linda Barker has done more service for the advertising industry this year than an Ivy waiter. Certainly by now the frequent appearances of Barker on cheap DFS leather will have put paid to any association with style. Now DFS is,...
- DFS runs up cinema bill. // Cabinet Maker;12/2/2005, Issue 5467, p8
The article reports that sofa company DFS has entered the top 10 for spending Â£2.8 million in cinema advertising in Great Britain. Advertising companies ranked DFS number nine for its cinema spending. Because many companies are increasingly using the cinema to advertise, cinema advertising...