2004 Paperback Nonfiction Bestsellers by No. 1 Titles With Longevity
- Book Lovers Of the World Unite. Abbott, Charlotte // Publishers Weekly;1/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p106
Reports on the popularity of Azar Nafisi's book "Reading Lolita in Tehran," as of January 2004. Total numbers of copies sold; Attributions to the book's appeal; Reactions from booksellers.
- Publisher Scorecards Year-End 2004: Paperback Nonfiction. // Book Publishing Report;1/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p6
This article presents information on some of paperback nonfiction in 2004. Random House's top paperback nonfiction title, Azar Nafisi's Reading Lolita in Tehran happened to fit both criteria. Published in late 2003, the book has led the paperback fiction list for an impressive 28 weeks and has...
- Random House Outpaces HarperCollins For Nonfiction Paperback Lead. // Book Publishing Report;4/5/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p6
Random House Inc. is leading the nonfiction paperback category in terms of bestsellers, driven by unexpected successes. The publisher has produced 10 bestsellers for a combined 81 weeks on the New York Times list through April 5. Four Random House imprints have produced No. 1 titles, and the...
- LIBRARY BEST SELLERS 2005. Miller, Rebecca // Library Journal;12/15/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 20, p80
The article presents a list of library bestsellers. Library book clubs and insightful readers' advisory keep many books alive well past their first printings. James Patterson ruled this year's borrowed fiction with four titles. Word of mouth and topical interest inform the wide range of...
- Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books (Book). Hoffert, Barbara; Kuebler, Carolyn; McCormack, Heather; Roncevic, Mirela; Ward, Nathan; Williams, Wilda // Library Journal;1/15/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p50
Reviews the book "Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books," by Azar Nafisi.
- Literature as survival. Levinson, Nan // Women's Review of Books;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10/11, p24
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books,' by Azar Nafisi.
- Reading Lolita in Tehran (Book). Ratliff, Ron // Library Journal;4/1/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p98
Reviews the non-fiction book, 'Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books,' by Azar Nafisi.
- The Back Page. Ott, Bill // Booklist;1/1/2005-1/15/2005, Vol. 101 Issue 9/10, p912
Provides reviews of several books chosen by editors of "Booklist" magazine. "Bridget Jones' Diary," by Helen Fielding; "The Devil in the White City," by Erik Larson; "The Human Stain," by Philip Roth; "Reading Lolita in Tehran," by Azar Nafisi; Others.
- LJ bestsellers. // Library Journal;Jan2005, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p180
Lists the most borrowed fiction and nonfiction books in U.S. libraries. "Trace," by Patricia Cornwell; "London Bridges," by James Patterson; "My Life," by Bill Clinton; "Reading Lolita in Tehran," by Azar Nafisi.