People In The News
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;12/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p3
Presents the New York Times bestseller ratings scorecard of publishers. HarperCollins; Scholastic; Simon & Schuster.
- RH Puts New Cooking Title on Top of NYT Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. Random House has the top two titles on the hardcover side including "Barefoot Contessa at Home" and "Ageless." Simon & Schuster is paced by the No. 4 title on the hardcover list with Paula Deen's "Paula Deen...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 46, p5
The article offers publishing industry news briefs as of November 12, 2012, on topics including publisher Simon & Schuster's third-quarter 2012 earnings announcement, changes to publisher HarperCollins's distribution logistics, and a director change at publisher Quarto.
- HARPERCOLLINS SAYS POLICY IS "A WORK IN PROGRESS". Kelley, Michael // Library Journal;5/1/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p12
The article presents commentary from Josh Marwell of publisher HarperCollins' on his firm's policy of limiting to 25 the number of times a library can loan out a HarperCollins title in electronic-book format.
- Marwell, Colquitt Join HC Sales. // Publishers Weekly;11/16/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 46, p12
Focuses on Josh Marwell, Geoff Colquitt, and Lisa Herling and their appointments at HarperCollins. Their past experience; Responsibilities at the publisher.
- Latest Quarterly Results Erratic; Profits Flat or Down. // Book Publishing Report;May2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p10
The article offers information about the business activities of several publishers in 2007 and 2008 in the U.S. Simon & Schuster Inc. experienced a 32 percent decline in its operating profit for the first quarter of 2008 and a 12 percent drop in the first quarter of 2007. HarperCollins...
- Economy the Scapegoat Once Again. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2009, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p10
The article focuses on the business condition of publishing companies in the U.S. as of August 2009. It says that Harlequin Inc. gained 33.5 million U.S. dollars in operating profit. It reports a 115.8% decrease in the operating profit of HarperCollins Publishers LLC. It also notes a 76% decline...
- People in the News. // Book Publishing Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p7
The article presents developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. as of February 2004. Rick Turner, vice president of Eastern regional sales at HarperCollins Publishers Inc., will retire, effective April 15. Turner joined Barnes & Noble Publishing 35 years ago. Simon &...
- 2004 Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers By Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;1/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p5
This article presents information on the list of best sellers by publishers in the year 2004. Some of the publishers are Random House, Knopf, Broadway, Penguin Group USA, Viking, Putnam, Penguin Press, Dutton, Gotham, New American Library, Penguin, Portfolio, Riverhead, HarperCollins, Regan...