Moody's Downgrades Newark, N.J., to Baa2
- Atlantic City Distress Spilling Into County. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/17/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34461, p1
Atlantic City's fiscal distress is a credit negative for New Jersey's Atlantic County, according to Moody's Investors Service.
- Wisconsin Defends Debt Maneuver Offering Short-Term Budget Boost. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;2/17/2015, p33
The article discusses a debt restructuring plan for the state of Wisconsin which would involves leaving 108-million dollars of low-interest commercial paper (CP) in place instead of retiring it in 2015 as originally planned. Topics covered include the budget deficits facing the state in 2016 and...
- Moody's Downgrades Akron GO, Income-Tax Backed Debt to A2. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/20/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33202, p4
The article reports on the move of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to lower the income-tax backed debt and general obligation of Akron, Ohio. It notes that the move is in line with the condition of the city which is struggling with a budget deficit. It states that the city's 205.7 million dollars...
- Moody's Knocks Down California's Outlook. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/17/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31658, p1
Moody's Investors Service Inc. revised the outlook on its A2 rating for California's general obligation (GO) bonds to negative from stable on June 25, 2003. The outlook change, which affects $34 billion in debt issued by the state, comes as the state sells $1.7 billion in GO in...
- Moody's Upgrades Flint, Mich.'s $7.4 Million of Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/20/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32053, p6
Reports on the improvement of the debt of Flint, Michigan by Moody's Investors Service. Increase of the rating on unlimited-tax general obligation; Reflection of the stability in the budget; Use of the proceeds from the sale of financial recovery general obligation bonds to shore up the 2005 budget.
- Pennsylvania Senate Shifts Gears on Budget. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34433, p1
In the latest bizarre turn to Pennsylvania's budget drama, the Senate sends Gov. Tom Wolf a trimmer, House-favored $30.3 billion spending plan.
- Advocates: Rein in N.J.'s debt to bolster outlook. KITCHENMAN, ANDREW // njbiz;8/10/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the call by business leaders for a renewed effort to rein in the debt of New Jersey following the release of a negative outlook on state bonds by credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service. Officials with the New Jersey Business & Industry Association and the New...
- Moody's Issues Warning About Cardinals Ballot Measure. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31993, p4
The article reports a warning of Moody's Investors Service (Company). It warned that St Louis County's ability to repay $45 million of appropriation-backed bonds for the new St. Louis Cardinals ballpark could be adversely affected if county voters endorse a November 2 ballot measure against...
- Puerto Rico Adopts a $9.56 Billion Budget. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;7/3/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34137, p1
The article focuses on a 9.56 billion dollars general fund budget signed by Puerto Rico Governor Alejandro GarcÃa Padilla, as of July 2014, which depicts a balance between the government revenues and expenditures. Topics discussed include decline in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico's general...