Municipals Dragged Up 'Kicking And Screaming' by Treasuries
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p19
Presents a chart depicting the results of negotiated municipal bond sales in the U.S.
- Munis Cap Tumultuous Year With Quiet Day. Herman, Jack; Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;1/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33033, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal market on December 31, 2008 in New York. The market is claimed to be stronger by a basis point or two and is recovering some value after significant losses. It is claimed that the strength in the municipal market contrasted with weakness in...
- Munis Firm, Treasury Run-Up Brings Benchmark 10-Year Note Through 4.0%. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31994, p2
Reports on the impact of the fixed municipal bonds on the benchmark note in the Treasury market in the U.S. Effects of the notes yielding in the tax-exempt sector; Performance of the government market in securities trading; Details on the movement of the market trading in the country.
- Munis Unchanged Ahead of Veterans Day Close. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/11/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33001, p2
The article offers information on the status of municipal bonds, also known as munis, during the Veterans Day closing in the U.S. According to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, these bonds remain unchanged because they showed little movement on November 10, 2008. Bonds from an...
- Municipals Rise as 30-Year's Return Is Confirmed, NJ. Pulls $2.1B Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/4/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32189, p2
Reports on the result of the August 3, 2005 municipal bond trading in the U.S. Increase in municipal bond prices; Challenges to the multibillion tobacco debt financing of the state of New Jersey; Impact of the announcement of the Department of the Treasury to bring back 30-year bonds on the market.
- Southeast Takes a Tumble. Sigo, Shelly; Funk, Lynne; Temple-West, Patrick; Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/12/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33061, p1
The article reports on the largest fall in municipal bond issuance in the Southern States. Volume fell in all four quarters of 2008 as the credit crunch worsened. Bond sales among the states in the region dropped 25.4% to 66.1 billion. As conversions took place, use of letters of credit soared...
- Munis Firmer, Following Treasury Gains. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;11/2/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32747, p2
The article reports on the Treasury market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. It showed some gains as the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note which opened at 4.47% finished at 4.35% while general reversal of the performance motion is evident. Trades reported by the Municipal...
- Munis Firmer Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;10/22/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32738, p2
The article focuses on developments concerning the status of the municipal market in the U.S. in October 19, 2007. Accordingly, the municipal market was firmer during the stated date in light trading in sympathy with Treasuries as market participants seek the safe haven bid in response to...
- Munis Mixed and 'Pretty Sideways'. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33058, p2
The article offers updates on the municipal bond market in the U.S. Details on the losses of the Treasury market are presented. Tony Crescenzi, chief executive officer of Miller Tabak Asset Management, stresses that the data on February 6, 2009 will possibly change the recent trends in financial...