N.J. Jobless Rate Fell to 4.2% In Dec
- Payrolls Climb 92,000; Jobless Rate Rises to 4.6%. // Bond Buyer;8/6/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32685, p2
The article reports on the result of the July 2007 employment study in the U.S. The data was relatively weak as payrolls advanced just 92,000 and the civilian unemployment rate edged 0.1 point higher to 4.6 percent, however, despite the result, it appears related to the education calendar and...
- Employment gauge down. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/ 7/2014, pA02
Gallup's U.S. Payroll to Population employment rate declined to 42.0% in Jan. from 42.9% in Dec., the lowest level since March '11 and down 1.6 points on the year.
- Payrolls Drop 49,000; Jobless Surges to 5.5%. // Bond Buyer;6/9/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32895, p2
The article reports on the employment figures for the U.S. as of May, 2008. According to the May employment report, there was a 20-year-high 0.5 point jump in the unemployment rate to 5.5%, overstating the weakening in the labor market. The overall unemployment tenor was weak, with payrolls...
- The Employment Situation. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar2008, p9
The article reports on the decline of the Nonfarm payroll employment in the U.S. by 63,000 in February 2008, coming in below expectations of a 25,000 gain. The unemployment rate dipped slightly from 4.9 percent to 4.8 percent but this was because of a decline of 450,000 jobs in the labor force...
- Employment and Unemployment Developments, June 2004. // Employment & Earnings;Jul2004, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p1
Reports on developments in employment in the United States as of June 2004. Industry payroll employment; Total number of persons who are not in the labor force; Average workweek for production or nonsupervisory workers on private nonfarm payrolls; Hourly and weekly earnings.
- Payrolls Plunge 84,000; Jobless Rate Soars to 6.1%. // Bond Buyer;9/8/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32956, p6
The article reports on the employment rate in the U.S. for August 2008. Payrolls plunged down to 84,000 and civilian unemployment jumped 0.4 to 6.1% as the country posted an eighth consecutive month of job losses and recession levels. Payroll revisions totaled negative 58,000 for the June-July...
- Payroll Growth Powers Ahead. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/9/2015, pA01
- Non-Farm Payrolls Add 21,000 in Feb. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, p2
Reports on the increased number of non-farm payroll in Washington. Revision of payroll hike; Implication of the non-farm payroll increase to employment; Percentage of unemployment rate.
- Jobless Claims Drop 11,000 to 315,000. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p2
The article reports on the increase of state unemployment benefits from 11,000 to a seasonally adjusted 315,000 in the week ended April 22, 2006 in the U.S. The applications for benefits was above the 305,000 claims level forecasted by IFR Markets compared with 303,000. The four-week moving...