Web designs on life
- Verdict. // Cabinet Maker;1/14/2005, Issue 5421, p35
The article presents information and the author's views about the websites of Hammonds. On the accessibility part Hammonds does well. The site comes up second on a Google Great Britain web search while on Yahoo! Great Britain and Ireland it tops the list. As far as the visual appeal is...
- E-Tailers Embrace The Physical Realm. Sammon, Lindsay E. // FN: Footwear News;3/16/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on how the electronic retail trade has got a new definition in the everchanging retail market. Few years ago, the formula for independent footwear retailers seemed simple enough: Open a store in a desirable location, garner a local following, launch a Website and, eventually,...
- Department Stores Vie for Online Sales. Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;4/17/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 16, p22
This article focuses on the increased investments in electronic commerce among U.S. department stores, in the event of the popularity of online shopping. The retailers are moving fast to make their Web sites more visually appealing and functional through extensive system upgrades. They are also...
- THE BEST WEB SHOPS OF THE WORLD. // Images Business of Fashion;Jul2013, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p218
The article reviews several fashion retail web sites including the corner.com, stylebop.com, and mytheresa.com
- Retailers feel the 'ouch' in vouchers. Kilby, Nathalie // Marketing Week;1/4/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p12
The article focuses on the online voucher offered by upmarket toy store Hamleys PLC in Great Britain. The retailer was the latest to fall foul of its own online voucher. Customers have sapped information online and boasted of foraying the company's Web site, taking advantage of discount codes...
- JP Billiards shoots for virtual market, closes storefront. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Feb2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, pA4
Reports on the transition of JP Billards, a billiards supply store in Wenatchee, Washington to online commerce. Name of the store's Internet site; Reason for the business change; Information on the store's past operation.
- Atelier Buyers Ramp Up On Novelty Offerings. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/6/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 72, p13
The article discusses the resourcefulness of retailers in finding ways to deal with a difficult retail environment in the U.S. According to Lynn Dell, owner of Off Broadway, having a resale department, on-site alterations and a cabaret night in the shop helps to keep customers coming back . In...
- LOVE @ FIRST SITE. // Images Business of Fashion;Jul2013, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p214
The article offers insights into strategies of fashion retail Web sites to provide unique Internet users' experiences. The key advantages of online shops include payment plans, convenient returns handling, print-based and online content production. Kyle Stewart of Goodhoodstore.com highlights...
- Kmart, Wal-Mart E-tail Sites Return With Wider CE Assortment. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p18
Reports the relaunching of electronic commerce sites of several retail stores in the United States. Emphasis on electronics for Web-based sales; Details of BlueLight.com Web site of Kmart and Improvements on Walmart.com; Description on the Web site of Target.