A Speechreading Expert: The Case of MM
- A cross-sectional investigation of speechreading in adults: Effects of age, gender, practice, and... Dancer, Jess; Krain, Mark // Volta Review;Winter94, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p31
Presents a cross-sectional study of speechreading in adults with normal hearing and vision. Age, gender, practice and education as variables used; Other factors that have potential effect on the findings.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E.; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Spring90, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p182
Presents an abstract of the study `Visual Evoked Potentials: Relation to Adult Speechreading and Cognitive Function,' by J. Ronnberg, S. Arlinger and C. Kinnefors which appeared in the 1989 issue of `Journal of Speech and Hearing Research.'
- Relationships between subjective ratings and objective measures of performance in speechreading... Demorest, Marilyn E.; Bernstein, Lynne E. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug1997, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p900
Explores the relationships between subjective ratings and objective measures of performance in speechreading sentences. Levels of objective performance, subjective ratings and validity coefficients in people with hearing impairment; Predictability of subjective ratings; Interpretation of...
- Generalizability of speechreading performance on nonsense syllables, words, and sentences... Demorest, Marilyn E.; Bernstein, Lynne E. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Aug96, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p697
Presents the results of a study on 96 adults with normal hearing who viewed three types of recorded lipreading materials. Responses to nonsense syllables, words and sentences; Quantification of the sources of variability in performance; Alternative models of test construction and test score...
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Oct95, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p294
Presents an abstract of the article `Speechreading Supplemented by Single-Channel and Multichannel Tactile Displays of Voice Fundamental Frequency,' by R.S. Waldstein, et al., featured in the 1995 issue of `Journal of Speech and Hearing Research.'
- See what I'm saying? Wrightson, Cassandra // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep97, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p62
Questions whether people are actually lip-reading. Findings of the psychiatrists at the University of Oxford in England in using magnetic resonance imaging to monitor brain activity.
- EDITORIAL STATEMENT. Moore, David Richard // Journal of Visual Literacy;Autumn2010, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p106
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses several topics addressed in several articles in the issue including film, information design, and classroom practice, mentions the International Visual Literacy Association (IVLA), and encourages submissions to the journal.
- Who Is Skipping Rope? Alan, H. M. // Humpty Dumpty's Magazine;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p22
Presents a counting game for children aimed at developing visual literacy.
- SPECIAL DELIVERY. Hienz, Bronte // Humpty Dumpty's Magazine;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p30
Presents an educational game for children aimed at improving their visual literacy.