Healthy increase for furnishing retailers
- A return to sales growth? // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p8
Analyzes whether the return to sales growth of furniture and furnishings retailers in Great Britain will last for the rest of 2004. Sales rise in the household textiles market; Recovery in the carpet and floorcoverings sector; Rise in the value of sales.
- Higher sales surprise for last year. // Cabinet Maker;2/6/2004, Issue 5374, p3
Reports on an increase in furniture sales in Great Britain in 2003. Figures released by the National Statistics; Comparison with 2002 figures; Decline in sales in the carpet and floor coverings sector.
- Leading E-tailers. // Furniture/Today;8/5/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 48, p11
The article features the leading electronic retailers (e-tailers) in the furniture industry, particularly in the U.S., as of early August 2013. Amazon.com posted an estimated total sales of 61.1 billion dollars in 2012. The other featured top e-tailers include Anthology Furniture, BedPlanet.com,...
- S&P likes the look of home. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;9/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p1
Reports the profitability of home goods retailers in the U.S. Increase in the sales of home furnishings; Improvement in the gains of the retailers; List of retailers to gain profitable business.
- Whew! What a year it's been! Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p31
No abstract available.
- Kids top retailers grow by 5% in 2001. // Kids Today;Jul/Aug2002, p6
Reports on an increase in U.S. children home furnishing retailers' sales in 2001. Domination of the category by discount department stores, led by Wal-Mart; Occurrence of the largest growth for children's furnishings in the furniture store channel; Increase in sales of children's specialty...
- Double take. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;02/25/2000, Issue 5176, p12
Discusses how changing social patterns have presented retailers and manufacturers with a furniture challenge in Great Britain. Space as a valuable commodity; Manufacturers and retailers' need to be innovative in their response; Ikea's offering of affordable furniture for low to moderate income...
- July sales slide slows. // Cabinet Maker;8/8/2003, Issue 5350, p4
Reports on the sales performance of the house furnishings retailers in Great Britain as of July 2003.
- Home furnishings lift retail in November. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;12/16/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p15
Reports the sales performance of home furnishings stores in the U.S. Benefit of the positive shopping gains for store-based and non-store retailers; Decline in the retail sales of apparel; Winners and losers in retail trade.