M&S was not alone in poor winter sales performance
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p5
Presents news briefs of interest to furniture industry in Great Britain, compiled as of April 2004. Sales performance of Marks & Spencer; Financial performance of Allders; Opening of Ultra, a showroom to independent retailers.
- Marks & Spencer profits bounce back. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;10/18/2002, Issue 5309, p4
Reports on the increase in the sales of Marks & Spencer PLC in Great Britain. Increment in the profit forecast of analysts for the company; Growth of the shares of the company; Decrease in the shares of Allders.
- Kids wear's poor show hurts M&S. // Indian Textile Journal;May2003, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p80
Reports on the decline in clothing segment sales posted by British apparel company Marks & Spencer for the 11 weeks ended March 29, 2003. Attributions to the losses; Predictions for the industry.
- DIGESTS. // Marketing Week;4/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p9
Reports developments on issues related to marketing industry as of April 2003. Decline in the actual sales of Marks & Spencer PLC; Amount spent by BT in replacing the piper logo of the company; Launch of five own-label brands of Allders PLC.
- Homewares will loose M&S pound5,800/sq ft. // Cabinet Maker;04/13/2001, Issue 5233, p6
Reports the financial loss of the homeware division sales space of Marks and Spencer in Great Britain. Amount loss in sales space in 1999/2000; Forecast losses in homewares; Disclosure of the memorandum from the firm.
- M&S loses market share. Parsons, Russell // Marketing Week;4/9/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p36
The article highlights the sales loss incurred by Marks & Spencer Group PLC (M&S) in February 2009.
- M&S online wine must double to make a profit. Mileham, Arabella // Grocer;11/23/2013, Vol. 236 Issue 8132, p26
The article discusses the need for British retailer Marks & Spencer to increase the size of its online wine business in order to make it profitable and its plan to develop a click-and-collect in-store operation.
- Mixed fortunes as high street recovers from the seasonal highs and lows. // Frontline Solutions;Feb2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the Christmas sales of Marks and Spencer company. Increase on sales; Comment from the Financial Times Lex; Recovery of high street business.
- M&S O4 Home sales down 7.5%. // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2012, Issue 5784, p8
The article focuses on sales of Marks and Spencer PLC (M&S) which fell 7.5 percent during the 13 weeks ended March 2012.