Big store go ahead
- Selling Ford Road. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;11/1/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p3
The article reports that Swedish furniture retailer Ikea Inc.'s selection of Canton Township, for its first store in Michigan was due in part to aggressive recruiting by Canton Township officials to fill retail voids along Ford Road. Two of the central players in that effort were Canton Township...
- Delivering Infrastructure. Gentry, Connie Robbins // Chain Store Age;May2007, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p148
The article reports that IKEA, the Swedish retailer that has won the hearts and pocketbooks of American consumers, is building a distribution network that stands in stark contrast to the norm. The retailer's 40 North American stores are served by six distribution centers (DC), with a seventh...
- Ikea plans Dallas-area store. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;1/26/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p96
Reports on the plans of furnishings company Ikea to open a store in Dallas, Texas. Efforts of the company to promote business in the U.S. market; Details of the economic development agreement entered by the company with the city; Impact of the move on the operations of Ikea.
- Creativity key to growth. Gohlar, Rupi // Marketing Week;7/19/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p30
The article offers information on the business development of Ikea in Great Britain. It is claimed that the company plans to split its 300 managerial jobs in the country by 2008 in a bid to become more productive, efficient and flexible. The company claimed that its middle management restructure...
- Waiting game. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/2005, Issue 5418, p5
Reports on the plans of the Irish government to allow Ikea Inc. to build a store outside Dublin.
- RETAILER NEWS. // Retailing Today;4/9/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p17
The article offers news briefs related to the retail industry in the U.S. Cost Plus' shares have fallen 6.5% to $10.46 in trading March 22, 2007. IKEA has prepared to construct a distribution center on 72 acres in Illinois. Hancock Fabrics Inc. has received bankruptcy court approval of a $105...
- Ikea putting renewed emphasis on kids. // Kids Today;Feb2003, p20
Reports that Ikea has built its annual theme, catalog, store presentations and promotions focused on kids in the U.S. Difference in the shopping experience of the children; Number of stores worldwide; Number of employees of the company.
- John Lewis Group top of the shops. // In-Store;Apr2007, p7
This article reports that Waitrose is Great Britain's favourite retailer, according to a poll by research group Verdict. The poll of 6,000 shoppers, called the Customer Satisfaction Index 2007, saw John Lewis, Waitrose's parent company, in second place. Ikea was in third place, while Amazon was...
- 'Living with children' a new theme for Ikea. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p38
Reports on the opening of furniture store owned by Ikea in New Jersey. Product offering; Description of the store; Location of the store.