Concern over card profits
- European consumer credit: point of sale finance makes up a third of market. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Jan2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p14
The article presents information related to the consumer credit industry in Europe. In western Europe, the unsecured personal loans constitute the major portion of the consumer finance market. Over the years, point of sale motor and retail finance has emerged as a major player in the consumer...
- Puerto Ricans buy credit insurance. Alvarado, Angeles // Caribbean Business;9/22/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p12
Focuses on the increased interest of Puerto Ricans in consumer credit insurance. Definition of consumer credit insurance; Insurance as affording peace of mind; Four types of consumer credit insurance; Surveys on knowledge about insurance.
- SHOULD YOU INSURE YOUR CREDIT OR NOT? Smith, Gavin // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2014, Issue 172, p40
The article offers insights for consumers in Australia on whether or not to get consumer credit insurance (CCI).
- Small-loan industry is changing. Casellas, Carmen T. // Caribbean Business;11/28/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p6
Assesses the performance of the small-loan industry in Puerto Rico. Entry of Banco Popular and FirstBank into the consumer-loan business; Average amount of personal loans granted by small-loan companies; Joint assets of small-loan companies as of September 30, 1996; Marketing strategies...
- THE LOAN ARRANGER. Wright, Diana // Accountancy;Oct98, Vol. 122 Issue 1262, p80
Shows where the best deals are in personal loans in Great Britain. Main reasons why people take out personal loans; Inflexibility involved in personal loan terms; Need for borrowers to check out the size of the monthly payments and annual percentage rate before choosing a lender; Other options...
- Personal borrowing steady. // Credit Management;May99, p17
Presents data on personal borrowing in Great Britain in 1998. Growth statistics on total lending to individuals, outstanding secured lending, gross advances, loans approved and consumer credit.
- Steady lending increase. // Credit Management;Oct99, p6
Reports on the growth of personal loans in Great Britain in June 1999. Comparative loan figures/statistics for May 1999.
- Rise in personal borrowing. // Credit Management;Sep2000, p13
Reports on the growth of personal loans and consumer credit in Great Britain, in May 2000. Comparison with personal lending in April.
- Consumer credit up 7.9% in September. Selway, William // Bond Buyer;11/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30517, p2
Reports on the growth of consumer credit in the United States for the month of September despite softening consumer confidence. Outstanding credit; Earnings growth; Revolving credit lines.