Ducal taken off the market
- A market in the country where it all began. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;6/21/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p31
Highlights Furnex 2004, the first international furniture and furnishings fair in Cairo, Egypt held on June 2004. Impact of the show's tagline "Where it All began" on how industry members view the event; History of the Egyptian furniture industry; Manufacturing technologies showcased; Furniture...
- Manchester show grows. // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p7
Reports on the names of furniture companies which will make their first appearance at the Manchester Furniture Show in Manchester, England on July 11-14, 2004.
- An opportunity to make the brands deliver. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p9
Analyzes the problems encountered by Silentnight Group with its acquired name brands, Parker Knoll, Stag and Nathan. Losses suffered by the company's furniture brand; Failure to get the right operating margin; Other retailers and businesses interested in the brands.
- Innovation is hard to find, claim retailers. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/2004, Issue 5411, p4
The article reports that more than a quarter of retailers do not believe there are any innovative manufacturers in the furniture market. Some 27% of retailers could not spontaneously name a company they thought of as innovative, when asked as part of research commissioned by Silentnight Group....
- ONWARDS & UPWARDS. // Cabinet Maker;5/20/2011, Issue 5738, p18
The article offers information on bi-annual trade show of Silentnight Group Ltd. held at Salterforth in Lancashire, England. It mentions the company's marketing director Amanda Jones describing the reaction of consumers toward the innovative range of furniture products and the plan to increase...
- Living and dining. // Cabinet Maker;1/21/2005, Issue 5422, p24
This article presents information on several recently launched furniture products. The Avoca dining range from Gola Furniture is available in the Louis Philippe style in European cherry with a lightly distressed finish. The Flagstone dining range from Baker Furniture combines fruitwood and a...
- Marketing award for silentnight. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p1
Reports that the marketing team at Silentnight Beds has received the Consumer Marketing award at the Furniture Industry Awards gala dinner for its advertising campaign featuring a hippo and duck.
- Silentnight snaps up Ducal for Â£15m. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/03/2000, Issue 5212, p1
Reports on Silentnight Holdings' acquisition of Ducal, a cabinet and upholstery manufacturer in Great Britain.
- Silentnight warns of more restructuring pain. // Cabinet Maker;5/9/2003, Issue 5337, p3
Reports on the financial performance of furniture firm Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain as of May 9, 2003. Restructuring cost; Pre-tax losses; Operating profits; Bed sales.