Most Bond Buyer Indexes Fall for Second Straight Week
- Pubs give Nomura a thirst for retailing. Benady, David; Bentley, Stephanie // Marketing Week;10/23/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p21
Focuses on Japanese investment bank Nomura's increasing influence in the British business scene with its purchase of major pubs, houses and rail stock. Expansion of Japanese brokers' operations in London; Establishment of Nomura's Nomura International subsidiary; Complex financial agreement...
- Normura a leader in mortgage derivatives. // American Banker;8/16/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 157, p11
Reports on Nomura Securities International Inc.'s emergence as one of the largest players in mortgage derivatives in the United States.
- Nomura forms U.S. group to replicate U.K. buyout success. Snow, David // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/25/99, Vol. 65 Issue 42, p4
Reports on Nomura Securities International Inc.'s formation of a group to import its European strategy into the United States investment banking industry. Hiring of Tom Capasse and Bob Young to form the group; Success of the company's Principal Finance Group in Europe; Company's acquisition...
- Expected Comeback Eludes Convertibles. Bisbey, Allison // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/23/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the expectation of some U.S.-based analysts that the issuance of convertible bond will reach 50 billion dollars in 2010. It claims that the analysts believe that the convertible bond issuance is part of an effort to fund companies' mergers and acquisitions. It mentions...
- ALT-A Investors Get Principal Back. // National Mortgage News;05/07/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p32
Highlights a Nomura Securities International Inc. research report which showed that alternative A (alt-A) credit mortgages have been repaying more quickly than some investors may have anticipated. Lower financing barriers facing alt-A borrowers; Alt-A convexity advantage.
- CMBS standards remain a concern. K. S. // Asset Securitization Report;3/21/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on commercial mortgage-backed securitization (CMBS) transactions that have seen a recent ease in credit and structural protection, causing concern among CMBS market participants. Analysts at Nomura Securities International Inc. studied the different elements of credit...
- The Return of Nomura. Rozens, Aleksandrs // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/12/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the move of Nomura Securities International Inc. to expand fixed income and investment banking operations in the U.S. It mentions that the company invest billion of dollars to work financing and build relationships on the purchase of Lehman Brothers for presence in Asia...
- If Elected Brazilian President Rousseff Might Raise Taxes on Foreign Capital. Newsroom // Brazzil Mag;8/1/2010, p1
The article presents information on a report from Nomura Securities International Inc., which states that presidential candidate Dilma Rousseff may take major steps, including budget cuts, to allow for lower interest rates, if she is elected Brazil's president. It is stated that Rousseff could...
- Nomura Selects Fixed-Income Chiefs. // American Banker;10/22/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 204, p13
The article reports that Dean Chamberlain and Sotaro Kato were promoted by Nomura Securities International Inc. to manage a portfolio management division.