Indiana Schools in Waiting Game as Governor Plans Building Freeze
- Gov. Daniels Wants Review Of School Construction Aid. Gehring, John // Education Week;2/2/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p26
The article focuses on the Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels who has called for a 120-day moratorium on issuing school construction bonds, and wants more analysis of where the state's education dollars are going. During his January 18, 2005 State of the State Address, the Republican said he would...
- Indiana to Scrutinize New School Projects. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;8/31/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p20
The article reports that Indiana school districts will have to provide more documentation to the state before getting approval to build new schools. The rules, which went into effect this summer, came after Governor Mitch Daniels questioned whether some districts were building grandiose athletic...
- States Scrutinize School Construction Costs. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;5/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p27
The article focuses on the Governors' concern in school construction projects in Indiana and New Jersey. With an eye and toward cost overruns, questionable architectural features, and rising bottom lines, several states are taking a closer look at how districts manage their school construction...
- Back home in Indiana. // U.S. News & World Report;11/21/88, Vol. 105 Issue 20, p21
Report that the lead candidate for Vice President-elect Dan Quayle's senate seat is Mitch Daniels, 39, former chief political adviser in the Reagan White House and now a foundation executive in Indianapolis. Reasons he is a popular choice.
- CORRECTION. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p10
A correction to the statement that Indiana Mitch Daniels does not have a policy prohibiting his campaign donors from serving on state boards, featured in the March 19, 2007, is presented.
- INDIANA: Daniels Marks Major Moves. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/29/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33541, p7
The article reports on the tour of Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels on June 29, 2011 in three cities to mark the five-year anniversary of Major Moves, the largest infrastructure program in the history of the state.
- Reflecting on what could have been. Maurer, Mickey // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/30/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p10
In this article, the author discusses the impact of the presidential appointment of Governor Mitch Daniels as an ambassador to a scuba diving country which is Indiana.
- Legislators, governor disagree about special session. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/11/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p10
In this article the author discusses the disagreement between U.S. lawmakers and Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels regarding special season.
- Daniels fell short on lifting incomes. Wall, J. K. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/31/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p1
The article focuses on the aim of Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels to raise the income of Indiana citizens faster that the other states in the country.