Intermediates, Long-Terms Get Boost From Treasuries' Swing Into Positive
- Rollover Season Will Be Down This Year, Lehman Reports. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32404, p7
The article reports on the status of the municipal bond coupon and redemption payment reinvestment in June, July and August 2006 in the U.S. According to a Lehman Brothers Inc. report, the coupon and reinvestment is expected to be subdued in 2006, which could impede the market's near-term...
- Municipals Firm as Treasuries Push Higher. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32399, p2
The article reports that the U.S. municipal bond market has consolidated due to massive buyings spurred by early weakness in the global equity markets. Some mutual funds that were hoping for a higher rate opportunity, also came into the market. In April, wholesale inventories increased by 0.9%...
- Municipals Fall for Third Straight Day As Heavy Calendar Drags Down Session. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p2
Presents updates related to the bond market in the U.S. Decline in the value of tax-exempt bonds; Increase in yields for municipal bonds; Issuance of bond by the Regents of the University of California priced by Lehman Brothers Inc.
- 'Logic Is Out the Window' for Municipals In Midst of Forced Selling. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33023, p6
The article reports on the yield of several municipal bonds traded in the U.S. The ten-year general obligation bond has yielded 4.43 percent, while an insured bond has earned 4.62 percent in Massachusetts. Corporate-backed revenue and tax-exempt bonds have generated lower income compared to...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, September 8. // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p2
Presents financial statistics related to several bonds and securities deals in the U.S. during the first week of September 2003. Names of issuers and underwriters of various deals; Details of economic indicators for the week; Position of government securities on Friday September 5, 2003.
- Muni Market Puts the Week in the Books. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/25/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34448, p1
Municipal bond traders were going through their books and recording trades and inventory for this week while preparing for the week ahead.
- Munis End Flat as Last of Week's Supply Sells. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/29/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F352, p1
Municipal bonds finished steady in secondary trading on Thursday, traders said, one day after the Chicago Public Schools postponed what would have been the largest deal of the week.
- Lehman to Launch Two Indexes to Follow 5-,10-Year Yields. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/27/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32680, p6
The article reports that Lehman Brothers will launch two new indexes on August 1, 2007 in order to follow the average yields on municipal bonds with five-year and 10-year maturities. Accordingly, the two indexes are designed to allow bond investors to enter into swaps and hedges that matches the...
- Some Investment Bankers to Profit From State's Bond Deals. Berry, Kate // San Diego Business Journal;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p21
Reports on the benefits of the passage of bond measure for investment bankers in California. Selection of Lehman Brothers Inc. as lead manager of the largest municipal bond offering in the U.S.; Issuance of the first tranche of bonds after Memorial Day; Amount in fees that investment banks are...