Here Come CPI Munis
- Aggressive Bids, Treasury Rebound Provide Support for Tax--Exempts. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31993, p2
The article focuses on the Municipal bonds finned as aggressive bids for new issues and a rebound in the U.S. Treasury market which provided support to the tax-exempt sector. The primary led the secondary municipal bond market higher as the bid side improved a basis point or two in response to...
- Massachusetts Readies $750 Million of GOs, Mostly Tax-Exempt. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;9/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32227, p4
No abstract available.
- South Carolina Power Agency Sells $374M to Finance Gas-Fired Plants. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31312, p3
Reports on the sale of $374 million of revenue bonds by South Carolina Public Services Authority During the week ended on January 26, 2002 in order to finance gas-fired power generation plants. Amount of taxable and tax-exempt revenue bonds sold; Underwriters and co-managers for tax-exempt and...
- Munis Weaken in 'Sloppy' Session; Yonkers, N.Y., Offering Postponed. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p2
Reports on the postponement of municipal bonds in Yonkers, New York. Assessment of equity gains; Evaluation of the government bond market; Impact of the weakness in tax-exempts on the postponement.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p36
Presents information on government securities trading in the United States, as of August 23, 2001. Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Bond indexes; Municipal bond prices.
- Survey: Governmental Bonds Often Used in Multifamily Deals. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;6/17/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31658, p5
Local housing authorities increasingly are relying on tax-exempt governmental bonds to finance multifamily housing in the U.S. State and local housing authorities have issued $1.7 billion in governmental bonds to finance 41,615 units of housing in 2002. Under the private-activity bond...
- Munis Finished Mixed, But Still Outpace Treasuries; MOB Climbs. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p2
Reports the drop of government bond prices worldwide. Reason for the decline of bond prices; Continuance of investor selective purchase of bonds to help the market out-perform treasuries; Amount of free tax bonds in the Hawaii Airport System.
- Municipals end week on an upswing; Treasuries rise after PPI report. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p2
Reports on the results of bond trading in the United States, on March 12, 1998. Gains in the Treasuries market; Issues freed to trade; Tax-exempt issues; Trends in dollar bond trading.
- Munis Firmer on a 'Pretty Positive Day'. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/6/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32998, p2
The article reports that municipal bond market in the U.S. was firmer on November 5, 2008, following Treasuries. Bond traders said that tax-exempt yields were lower by three or four basis point. The trading ended up with pretty decent activity and there were some gains. Bond traders consider the...