Thomas Aquinas: A Doctor for the Ages
- Aquinas on women. Wijngaards, John // National Catholic Reporter;01/14/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p20
The author argues that theologian St. Thomas Aquinas was incorrect in his arguments that women should not serve as Christian priests, noting arguments involving Scripture, the role of women as deacons in early Christianity, and the scientific nature of gender differences.
- Priest's pulpit: blogs, YouTube. Bertagnoli, Lisa // Crain's Chicago Business;9/27/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p27
The article offers information on Chicago-based Roman Catholic Priest, Reverend Robert Barron. It states that in the sophomore years in college, Barron discovered the medieval philosopher and theologian, St. Thomas Aquinas, and decided to become a saint. It mentions that he has written 10 books,...
- THINKERS. Drury, Shadia // New Humanist;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 123 Issue 6, p38
The author argues that Thomas Aquinas, an Italian catholic priest, has long standing reputation in the history of the Catholic Church. She points out that Aquinas deserved to have good reputation and should recognize his beliefs as well as his ideas for which believe that there was no conflict...
- THE MYSTICAL SKELETON IN THE THOMISTIC CLOSET: AQUINAS'S IMPASSIBILITY. Rosenwein, Barbara H. // Journal of Medieval Religious Cultures;2010, p233
The article focuses on how Saint Thomas Aquinas challenged the existing norm of contemporary religious sensibilities and love. Thomas's view of the passions began with God's creation of the soul's powers. Thomas differentiated between love of desire and love of friendship. Love of desire tended...
- Ontologically Incapable. Russell, Susan // Whosoever;Sep/Oct2004, pN.PAG
Presents the views of a female seminarian after being told by the Bishop that she could never be a priest. Theory from Saint Thomas Aquinas which led her to realize that human beings are necessarily male; Contributions of women in the church.
- "Abortion" No More: Straight Talk about Attacking the Unborn. Sullivan, Thomas D. // Human Life Review;Summer2014, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p47
The article discusses the talk about the attack on abortion. Topics include the essay "A Defense of Abortion," introduced by Judith Jarvis Thomson, the importance of the influential teaching of Dominican priest Thomas Aquinas on self-defense during the 13th century, and the ways sought by the...
- On intellectual formation and the Program of Priestly Formation. Thompson, Christopher // Homiletic & Pastoral Review;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p76
The article focuses on the intellectual formation and the Program for Priestly Formation (PPF), which according to Saint Thomas Aquinas is a spiritual work that forms human's capacity to seek the truth, the meaning of existence, of things, and of God. It says that Saint Thomas' identity as...
- The Priest as Instrument of Christ. WHITE, THOMAS JOSEPH // Nova et Vetera (English Edition);Spring2015, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p323
The article discusses how a priest becomes a privileged instrument of Jesus Christ through his sacramental actions and his sanctifying conformity to Christ. Topics covered include things that priests depend on for their instrumentality, the grace of sacramental instrumentality even in the event...
- Answering God's call. OLSON, CARL // Our Sunday Visitor;10/25/2015, Vol. 104 Issue 26, p14
No abstract available.