- LCMS accused. // Christian Century;10/31/90, Vol. 107 Issue 31, p991
Reports on recent accusations against the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Lutheran Church in the Philippines (LCP) upset at LCMS's missionary aspirations; Gutnius Lutheran Church (GLC) in Papua New Guinea upset by inappropriate actions.
- Controversy costs Ellwood church clients. Clair, Chris // Pensions & Investments;12/11/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the investment losses incurred by the Lutheran Church of the Missouri Synod Foundation. Involvement of J.H. Ellwood & Associates in the losses; Investment of the foundation in interest-only strips and inverse floaters.
- Infighting lingers in Missouri Synod. // Christianity Today;11/9/92, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p42
Looks at internal conflicts within the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Recent vote to elect new conservative president Alvin Barry to replace moderate former incumbent Ralph Bohlmann; Infighting that followed; Additional controversy over the reinstallation of conservative theologican Robert...
- Ministerial Murkiness. Walker, Ken // Christianity Today;Jul2011, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p13
The article focuses on the issue of the dismissal of a Missouri Synod Lutheran church in Michigan after her attempt to return to work after a disability leave related to narcolepsy facing the U.S. Supreme Court in 2011.
- Lutheran group sets up cash balance plan. Anand, Vineeta // Business Insurance;09/20/99, Vol. 33 Issue 38, p41
Announces the establishment of a cash balance plan by the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, alongside its traditional pension plan. Rationale behind the set up of the Supplemental Retirement Account from surplus assets; Source of the surplus assets; Terms of the plan.
- New Canadian Church. // Christian Century;1/4/89 - 1/11/89, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p8
The Lutheran Church-Canada was formed as an outgrowth of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. The new church was formed because Canadians felt that a Canadian church would be more influential and effective among the Canadian people than the American church was.
- Empty Pulpit Crisis. Walker, Ken // Christianity Today;11/12/2001, Vol. 45 Issue 14, p26
Discusses the clergy shortage in rural South Dakota. Details of two studies in 1998 and 1999 on the number of pastors of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America; Implications of the clergy shortages; Efforts of the LCMS to recruit and retain...
- Missouri synod defuses a crisis. Stanich, Susan // Christian Century;8/12/92, Vol. 109 Issue 24, p732
Reports that at its triennial convention last month in Pittsburgh, the strife-ridden Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod unexpectedly pulled itself together in a spirit of harmony and reconciliation. The denomination has faced serious conflicts in recent years; Incumbent President Ralph Bohlmann and...
- Lutherans break ties. // Christian Century;5/9/90, Vol. 107 Issue 16, p488
Reports on the severing of ties between the Lutheran Church in the Philippines and the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). Subjugation by the LCMS; Financial difficulties; Identity as a mission church.