A 4-year-old child with leukemia and an enlarging arm lesion
- Paraneoplastic leukocytoclastic vasculitis in chronic lymphoid leukemia. Yadav, B. S.; Sharma, S. C.; Kapoor, R. K. // Journal of Cancer Research & Therapeutics;Oct-Dec2006, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p206
A 50-year-old female who was a known case of chronic lymphoid leukemia (CLL) developed ecchymoses, purpuric spots with papules, some nodules (1-3 mm) and crusts all over the body associated with severe burning and itching along with exaggeration of CLL. The lesions were more prominent on lower...
- The degree of myelosuppression during maintenance therapy of adolescents with B-lineage intermediate risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia predicts risk of relapse. Schmiegelow, K.; Heyman, M.; Gustafsson, G.; Lausen, B.; Wesenberg, F.; Kristinsson, J.; Vettenranta, K.; Schroeder, H.; Forestier, E.; Rosthoej, S. // Leukemia (08876924);Apr2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p715
Drug doses, blood levels of drug metabolites and myelotoxicity during 6-mercaptopurine/methotrexate (MTX) maintenance therapy were registered for 59 adolescents (î‹¶10 years) and 176 non-adolescents (<10 years) with B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and a white blood cell...
- LYL1 Degradation by the Proteasome Is Directed by a N-Terminal PEST Rich Site in a Phosphorylation-Independent Manner. Lukov, Georgi L.; Goodell, Margaret A. // PLoS ONE;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p1
Background: The Lymphoblastic leukemia 1 (LYL1) gene is a proto-oncogenic transcription factor found upregulated in patients with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-cell ALL). Initially, the upregulation was described to be as a result of a translocation. However, further studies revealed...
- A breast mass and ALL. Tan, Winston; Tsai, Tsuong W. // Patient Care;8/30/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p64
Presents a case of a 28-year-old woman with a mass in her right breast and additional complaints of shortness of breath and fatigue. Significance of the patient's medical history for the diagnosis of acute lymphocytic leukemia; Treatment.
- Detection of PICALM-MLLT10 (CALM-AF10) and outcome in children with T-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Lo Nigro, L; Mirabile, E; Tumino, M; Caserta, C; Cazzaniga, G; Rizzari, C; Silvestri, D; Buldini, B; Barisone, E; Casale, F; Luciani, M; Locatelli, F; Messina, C; Micalizzi, C; Pession, A; Parasole, R; Santoro, N; Masera, G; Basso, G; Aricò, M // Leukemia (08876924);Dec2013, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p2419
A letter to the editor is presented that discusses detection of PICALM-MLLT10 in children with T-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Adult Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Jabbour, Elias J.; Faderl, Stefan; Kantarjian, Hagop M . // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Nov2005, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p1517
Much progress has been made in understanding the biology of and therapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). This progress has translated into the recognition of several subgroups of ALL and the Institution of risk-adapted therapies. New therapies are emerging based on the definition of...
- ORIGINAL ARTICLE Contribution of Flow Cytometry in the Diagnosis of Cutaneous Lymphoid Lesions. Hong Wu; Smith, Mitchell; Millenson, Michael M.; Nicolaou, Nicos; Van Deerlin, Vivianna M.; Addya, Kathkali; Lessin, Stuart; Al-Saleem, Tahseen // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Dec2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6, p1522
The histologic diagnosis of cutaneous lymphoid lesions remains one of the most challenging areas of dermatopathology and is augmented by incorporation of immunophenotypic and genotypic data. To improve the analysis of surface Ig light chain expression and to increase the yield of...
- Cell surface markers in chronic lymphatic leukaemia. // British Medical Journal;10/13/1979, Vol. 2 Issue 6195, p886
Focuses on the identification of cell surface markers in chronic lymphatic leukemia (CLL) in Great Britain. Use of cell surface markers in subclassifying acute lymphoblastic leukemia; Ability of the cells to synthesize immunoglobulin light chains; Formation of lymphocytes into E-rosettes in...
- Galectin-3 in pre-B acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Fei, F; Abdel-Azim, H; Lim, M; Arutyunyan, A; von Itzstein, M; Groffen, J; Heisterkamp, N // Leukemia (08876924);Dec2013, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p2385
A letter to the editor is presented that discusses Galectin-3 gene in pre-B acute lymphoblastic leukemia.