- Film reviews. Dowell, Pat // Cineaste;Dec92, Vol. 19 Issue 2/3, p72
Reviews the motion picture `Unforgiven' directed by Clint Eastwood.
- Clint: Cultural critic, cowboy of cathartic change. Jardine, Gail // Art Journal;Fall94, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p74
Discusses the issue of gender in the motion pictures of Clint Eastwood. Concern on the meaning of gender; Overview of Clint Eastwood's motion pictures; `Unforgiven' as the culmination of Clint Eastwood's inquiry.
- `Different' western. Nathan, Paul // Publishers Weekly;8/31/1992, Vol. 239 Issue 39, p44
Reports that the next American western movie following Clint Eastwood's `The Unforgiven' may be `Refugio,' to be adapted from the Algonquin novel by Susan Schofield. Plot of the story; Grossbart-Barnett Productions looking for a `different' western; Negotiating with Grossbert-Barnett is Ron...
- American Myth-Busting. Wilkins, Joe // Orion Magazine;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p72
In the article, the author discusses the need for new western movies and books that will depict the truth, particularly in the U.S. He claims that the western novels show that violence with right intention will result in stability and community. He presents several examples of such movies,...
- Western. Sarris, Andrew // American Heritage;May/Jun99, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p71
Focuses on the most overrated and underrated Western motion pictures in the United States. `Unforgiven'; `The Searchers'; `Red River.'
- Videos & DVDs. Kempshall, Pete // NW;11/11/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p76
Reviews several motion pictures released on videotapes. 'The Royal Tenenbaums,' starring Gene Hackman and Gwyneth Paltrow; 'Novocaine,' starring Steve Martin; 'Unforgiven'; 'Our Man Flint/In Like Flint,' starring James Coburn; 'Mr. Bean 10th Anniversary Collection,' starring Rowan Atkinson.
- Best Bar Shootouts. // Outdoor Life;Feb2009, Vol. 216 Issue 2, p39
The article discusses about the bar shootouts from various movies. The shot from the movie "Unforgiven" is stated as the best shootout scene. The scene from "Desperado" is stated as the greatest tequila massacre ever filmed. The shot in movie "The Wild Bunch" involves a Maxim machine gun. Scenes...
- Gene Hackman. Collins, Andrew // Sight & Sound;Nov2005, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p38
Profiles actor Gene Hackman. Various roles played; Oscar awards received for the movies "The French Connection" and "Unforgiven"; Personal history; Start of career as an actor; Style of acting; Influences; Anecdotes about Hackman as an interviewee. INSET: By-the-book guy.
- Unforgiven. McCarthy, Todd // Variety Movie Reviews;7/31/1992, Issue 68, p1
The article reviews the film "Unforgiven," directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Clint Eastwood and Anthony James.