- Furniture Imports: Opportunity or Threat? Miller, Hannah // Wood & Wood Products;Jul2001, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p95
Examines the growth of wood furniture imports to the United States (U.S.) in 2001. Information on the furniture imports to the U.S. in 2000; Furniture manufactures in the U.S. which import wood components from various countries; Projection on the market share of furniture imports in the U.S.
- Imports jump 13% in first half. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;10/27/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the increase in U.S. furniture imports from China during the first six months of 2003. Possible effect on imports of an antidumping petition against Chinese bedroom furniture; Factors blamed for an ever-widening trade imbalance between the U.S. and China; Furniture imports from...
- China imports up 40% in 1st half. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the rise in furniture imports in China during the first half of 2000. Percentage rise in Chinese furniture imports during the given time period; Factors attributing to such importation trend within the industry; Success of China in solidifying its status as the United States'...
- Chilean furniture makers eye U.S. market. Koenig, Karen // Wood & Wood Products;Feb94, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p10
Reports that the Chilean wooden furniture industry has targeted its marketing efforts in the United States which is considered the primary export market for wooden furniture. Third annual Salon del Mueble Furniture fair; Chief product type; Export sales since 1985; Impact of the North American...
- Hold on for the imports shakeout. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p75
Focuses on the furniture industry and trade in the United States. Introduction of fabric designs by upholstery companies; Considerations on the quality controls and supervision of imported furniture and upholstery; Notion on importation of furniture without effective quality protocols.
- Brazilian players use range of export plans. // Furniture/Today;05/14/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p21
Reports on the export strategies utilized by Brazilian furniture companies. Overview on different export strategies utilized by Brazilian furniture manufacturers; Details regarding the efforts of various industry players in exporting their products into foreign markets; Overview on the...
- Trade coalition adds four more producers. // Furniture/Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p2
Reveals the manufacturers who have joined the coalition battling low-cost bedroom imports from China.
- Power to the people. Lea, Jane // Cabinet Maker;07/07/2000, Issue 5195, p19
Reports on the efforts of China to promote its furniture on the European market. Participation in trade shows and exhibits; Highlights of China's advantages over competitors; Quality.
- Moving up a notch. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;6/22/2001, Issue 5243, p14
Reports on the growing popularity of contemporary designs into the pine furniture market in Great Britain. Sources of cheap imports; Appeal of pine furniture; Streamlined Scandinavian and Shaker looks; Paint finishes; Innovative designs.