- Furniture Imports: Opportunity or Threat? Miller, Hannah // Wood & Wood Products;Jul2001, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p95
Examines the growth of wood furniture imports to the United States (U.S.) in 2001. Information on the furniture imports to the U.S. in 2000; Furniture manufactures in the U.S. which import wood components from various countries; Projection on the market share of furniture imports in the U.S.
- Imports jump 13% in first half. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;10/27/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the increase in U.S. furniture imports from China during the first six months of 2003. Possible effect on imports of an antidumping petition against Chinese bedroom furniture; Factors blamed for an ever-widening trade imbalance between the U.S. and China; Furniture imports from...
- China imports up 40% in 1st half. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the rise in furniture imports in China during the first half of 2000. Percentage rise in Chinese furniture imports during the given time period; Factors attributing to such importation trend within the industry; Success of China in solidifying its status as the United States'...
- Brazilian players use range of export plans. // Furniture/Today;05/14/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p21
Reports on the export strategies utilized by Brazilian furniture companies. Overview on different export strategies utilized by Brazilian furniture manufacturers; Details regarding the efforts of various industry players in exporting their products into foreign markets; Overview on the...
- Power to the people. Lea, Jane // Cabinet Maker;07/07/2000, Issue 5195, p19
Reports on the efforts of China to promote its furniture on the European market. Participation in trade shows and exhibits; Highlights of China's advantages over competitors; Quality.
- Moving up a notch. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;6/22/2001, Issue 5243, p14
Reports on the growing popularity of contemporary designs into the pine furniture market in Great Britain. Sources of cheap imports; Appeal of pine furniture; Streamlined Scandinavian and Shaker looks; Paint finishes; Innovative designs.
- UK firms are too difficult. // Cabinet Maker;06/21/2002, Issue 5292, p4
Discusses the findings of the Furniture Industry Research Association on the trends in the furniture industry in the United Kingdom (UK). Level of difficulty in purchasing furniture in the country; Reason of stores for buying from UK firms; Trend in imports.
- UK furniture sales to the USA are up 13%. // Cabinet Maker;11/14/97, Issue 5064, p4
Reports on the increase in British furniture exports to the United States in the first half of 1997. Total exports to the United States; Competition with other countries in exporting to the United States.
- FURNITURE CONTINUES GLOBAL GAINS. // Inwood;May/Jun2007, Issue 74, p37
The article provides information on a report from the Centre for Industrial Studies in Italy regarding global furniture manufacturing and trading. According to the report, the demand for furniture will increase in large markets in 2007 by up to 8 percent in countries such as Russia, China,...