Be fair: Pay heed to the law when recruiting or risk paying up in court
- Dispute Resolution Act introduced. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Personnel Journal;Nov94, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p126
Reports on the introduction of the Employment Dispute Resolution Act of 1994 by Senator John Danforth. Alternative litigation for employment-discrimination claims.
- Overview. // Essential Guide to Federal Employment Laws (9781413308891);Apr2009, p1
The article discusses various topics related to federal employment laws in the U.S. included in the book, including the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, and the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- EQUALITY IN THE WORKPLACE. Callanan, Claire; Heslin, Mark // Accountancy Ireland;Feb2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p23
Provides insights on the Employment Equality Act in Ireland. Purpose of the Act; Provisions on discrimination regarding access to employment; Need for employers to review recruitment and employment practices; Concern over the consequences of the Act.
- DISCRIMINATION. Blankenhorn, David // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar2014, Issue 241, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article by R. R. Reno on the aims of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act in the January 2014 issue.
- DISCRIMINATION. Reno, R. R. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar2014, Issue 241, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on Employment Non-Discrimination Act.
- EQUALITY IN THE WORKPLACE. Hocker, Cliff // Black Enterprise;Aug2002, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p22
Focuses on the signing of the Notification and Federal Employee Anti-Discrimination and Retaliation Act by U.S. President George W. Bush on May 15, 2002. Provisions of the law; Prevalence of discrimination in the federal workplace; State of discrimination complaints in the federal government;...
- Appendix. // Dealing with Problem Employees (9781413310689);2007, p345
A list of federal agencies that enforce employment laws in the U.S., a chart related to state laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in various U.S. states, and a list of agencies that enforce laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in various U.S. states, that relate to articles...
- Equality undefined. Mulholland, Stephen // Finance Week;5/26/2003, p17
Discusses key provisions of South Africa's Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 in light of the Labor Court case won by a certain man against the City of Cape Town. Man's claim that he was discriminated against due to his race, political belief, lack of experience and or other arbitrary grounds;...
- When age catches up with us. // Contract Journal;9/27/2006, Vol. 435 Issue 6594, p38
The article reports on the new age discrimination laws in Great Britain will come into effect into October 1, 2006, which will prohibit unjustified direct and indirect age discrimination, and all harassment and victimization on grounds of age. It effectively brings age into line with the same...